The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Naked People Should Run Faster

GorraShatan
GorraShatan
✭✭✭✭
Should naked people run faster than clothes ones?

Naked People Should Run Faster 36 votes

Yes
30%
DarcyMardindanno8SahidomGoregrinderLarianaTyreal1974XaricoESO_NightingaleBisDasBlutGefriertLMarshall910iksde 11 votes
Yes but I'm naked
69%
SirAndymilesrodneymcneely2_ESONirntrotterpingpatb16_ESOArcVelarianGorraShatanSilverIce58oXI_Viper_IXoKingExecrationTPishekAegonVIGreatphantasmalDMoonsorrowOpalbladeVlad9425TheasidesBardascynicalbutterflyAscarlcatnamedwillMerguezMan 25 votes
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes but I'm naked
    Think about it. It's what the ancient Greeks did for the Olympics! And naked builds are already at a big disadvantage, give us something!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When ever i run barefoot, i run slower. Otherwise i stub a toe or get a rock bruise.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The extra support provided by certain clothing items helps most people run faster.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When that Senche attempts to maul you with Medium Armor on, it's a lot tougher to get to the juicy parts. You run by one naked, you'll start to slow down when all that red fuel leaks out of your big open wounds.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, they shouldn’t run faster, but nor should they be more resistant to any sort of attack than someone wearing light or heavy armor.

(Edit: fixed typo)
    Edited by Araneae6537 on March 29, 2021 2:35PM
  • hands0medevil
    hands0medevil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usain Bolt should know the answer, I think he tested everything as the professional runner. I think some clothing provides some level of comfort, so it is worth wearing no matter of result. As for ESO, well it's just a game, nothing is true, everything is permitted.
  • Sangwyne
    Sangwyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certain articles of clothing actually make you faster. In competitive swimming, bodyskins had to be banned as they were made of a special material that reduced friction and drag compared to bare skin; even shaving off all one's body hair was not as effective as a swimmer simply donning specific swimsuits. And shoes definitely speed up running on land due to absorbing shock and acting like a spring to propel the body faster. So while lighter clothing certainly helps more compared to wearing armor, it doesn't always make sense that someone completely naked would be faster than they would with clothes on. I personally think that Light armor should have been granted the speed bonuses that Medium got, seeing as how Medium has no penalties, but that's just my 2 cents.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This raises the question to me whether you can call an Argonian or Khajiit without clothes actually naked? One would assume that they don't need shoes to run faster.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would need to depend on the piece.

In the real (re-enactment anyway) world heavier armour on the ends of limbs really hurts your stamina and your ability to do things but most chest armour has little effect on anything but long term stamina. You can run fast in a chainmail shirt, but you'll get really really hot and sticky far faster. On the other hand wear gauntlets and wave your arms around and it'll ache *much* sooner than without.

I do miss all the funny comments that Skyrim had when you walked into a merchant, or past a guard with nothing on.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes but I'm naked
    Naked people covered in Troll oil should also get different passives

-blunt weapons bounce of them
    -proc'd chance of arousal by the enemy 10% spell casting penalty
    -ranged accuracy decrease due to shiny skin

• GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes but I'm naked
    Medium armour is made of skin though. And your skin is made of skin. So nakedness is the same as medium armour.

Checkmate.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes but I'm naked
    Tbh not really because your private bits would start dangling and also you could stub your toe!
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes but I'm naked
    Seriously, I would LOVE an Unarmored skill line the way that "Morrowind" and "Oblivion" implemented them.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    While encumbrance is a staple in older sandbox MMORPG's, ESO has no encumbrance system. Would be cool, but I doubt they are going to waste time, resources, and money implementing it.
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    🤣🤣🤣🤣 this thread
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    We have T-baggers, so why not Naked Streakers.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Medium armour is made of skin though. And your skin is made of skin. So nakedness is the same as medium armour.

Checkmate.
    Too bad you're playing Chutes and Ladders, with a few pieces missing.

Tan and cure your own skin first and you might have something.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes but I'm naked
    Buff nudity please.

So we can have a nude meta at pvp.
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes but I'm naked
    There was a nude meta in non-vet for a while when gear didn't matter. It was fun.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *scatters LEGO bricks all over the ground*

Let's see who's faster now! Mwuahahahaha! >:)
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes but I'm naked
    Armor weighs you down so why not make us faster when we're nakie. Only makes sense really.
  • Unij
    Unij
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine running without shoes
    Main char is a Strong Nord Man, Thief, Vampire, Healer, Mastercrafter. PC-EU since 2016.