The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

PvE Gear Sets to Keep That Don't Go Out of Style

Lixiviant
Lixiviant
✭✭✭✭
So, I've been playing ESO since it came out and I have probably decon and sold too many Stamina and Magicka sets I've eventually regretting doing so. This is only regarding the sets you pick up doing the overland and dungeon runs, not anything crafted. I have kept the following sets for the hell of it:

Necropotence
Mother's Sorrow
Plague Doctor's
Spinners

I know Alcast has a list of sets you should keep, but I'm really interested in what my fellow players keep in the bank if stuff nerfs or when you roll a new toon. This is for Stamina and Magicka sets.

I'm at the point I need to reduce my inventory and hope this time I can make a wiser decision.

PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have all storage chests full of gear, my bank almost full of gear, and so far 3 alt's inventories full of gear. There are just too many sets useful for different PVP builds. For PVE, it's a lot more cut and dry...mother's sorrow, medusa, Briarheart, hundings, etc...all the staple DPS sets.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, with the sticker book, it's easy to just decon them, particularly if you have enough pieces of the set that you pay less than 50 transmutes to reconstruct.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I keep everything and share them out between characters. The stickerbook is nice but doesn't affect me as I don't get transmute stones.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Develop your own sense of style and nothing goes out of style unless your own personal tastes change. ;)
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've deconned everything but gold jewelry and a few weapons that I frequently use. I also have maybe enough gear to set up two or three different PVP set-ups, but they are all golded out with tri-stats, so it'd be a waste to decon knowing I will still be actively using them.

Other than that, there is no need to have a full bank of gear since the stickerbook can just create anything I need.
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hurbster wrote: »
    I keep everything and share them out between characters. The stickerbook is nice but doesn't affect me as I don't get transmute stones.

Same thing here. I really don't get transmute crystals either. Sticker book is a really nice addition to the game, tho.

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are some i keep when i find them, got storage mules for just that reason:

Necropotence
    Spinner
    Mother's Sorrow
    Spell Strategist
    Netch's Touch
    Spider Cultist

Viper's Sting
    Sword Singer
    Briarheart
    Spriggan's
    Night Terror

Plague Doctor
    Beekeeper
    Dreugh King Slayer
    Fire
    Warrior-Poet

Agility
    Willpower
    Trainee

I have (almost) full sets for all of those, divines for the PvE sets, impenetrable for the PvP sets.
    And yes, i did decon over 1000 pieces when the sticker book was released.
    biggrin.gif

Edited by SirAndy on March 31, 2021 4:08PM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

All hail sticker book. Tbf since sticker book I only keep sets that I use, or already goldened out. So I would not keep ANY set currently, and just keep doing what I was doing, to have fun while playing, and reconstructing something occasionally.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outside of trial runs or PVP, in which case I try to min/max best I can for the situation, all my stamina DPS are in Vicious Ophidian and all my magic DPS are in False God. If I started over tomorrow, those are the first two sets I farm.

I really never decon a set once I make it gold (and I make most things I use gold), so what they are all paired with is a smattering of old meta sets. My mag sorc wears Necro, my Stam sorc wears automaton, my magblade is in BSW, my StamDK is in Morag Tong etc. A lot of these arent really optimal anymore, but paired with the above sets (VO or FG) all are able to quickly run anything from a Random Normal to a Vet HM DLC without the hassle of juggling gear.

Since sticker book, I dont save anything unless I am specifically farming it and it drops in the correct trait. I reconstruct what I need in gold, and once its gold, it never gets decon'ed. I decon'ed about 2500 items when sticker book dropped. Had a bit of a hoarding problem.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on March 31, 2021 4:46PM
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    Grpyhon for stamina, Hist sap for magicka. Not the most conventional but they suit all my needs.
    Ps4 EU
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dont answer this - ZOS'll use it as a nerf list!

:wink:
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Here are some i keep when i find them, got storage mules for just that reason:

Necropotence
    Spinner
    Mother's Sorrow
    Spell Strategist
    Netch's Touch
    Spider Cultist

Viper's Sting
    Sword Singer
    Briarheart
    Spriggan's
    Night Terror

Plague Doctor
    Beekeeper
    Dreugh King Slayer
    Fire
    Warrior-Poet

Agility
    Willpower
    Trainee

I have (almost) full sets for all of those, divines for the PvE sets, impenetrable for the PvP sets.
    biggrin.gif

Great list!