The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Can player craft set equipment?

AvalonRanger
AvalonRanger
✭✭✭✭✭
<Can player craft set equipment?>

I've been researching many of equipment at the crafting bench.
But, I don't know how to re-use my researched information.

If I research set equipment, then I can craft the same set equipment?
My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You only research an item trait like Divines or Infused.

If you want to craft an item you have to go to the crafting location for that set, see list here.

When you're at the location you need the right amount of crafting materials to make an item, this consistent of cloth/leather/iron/wood (base material) + gem (trait material) + stone (style material).

There is another way to make set pieces but that requires transmutation stones, for this you have to collect the piece you want to make (equipping it will collect it), then you can recraft it if you have researched the trait you want to make. This is generally more for high level players.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you plan to do that more than a few times join a guild with a decent set of crafting tables so you can just do them in the guild house. Quite a few of the guilds have them. and they'll normally ask nothing much back except the undertstanding that should you get to be a good crafter earning lots of master writs you donate a few writs to the cause when there's an update adding new sets.
    Edited by etchedpixels on March 29, 2021 2:45PM
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well yes, but not exactly like that.

Researching is tied to the trait.

When you hit a certain amount of traits on an item, let's say heavy chest, you then unlock the ability to craft it as part of a set that requires knowledge of that amount of traits. You've completed researching divines and infused on your heavy chest - you can now make death's wind. Traits don't have to come from sets, random pieces will sometimes have traits.

Also, by binding an item to your account, let's say a ring of the trainee, you can then recreate that item for transmute crystals. You can choose any trait that you have completed research for. The more items in that set that you've collected, the lower the cost to create from scratch.

By bind, I mean either by deconstructing, wearing, researching or after two hours elapses from group content.
    Edited by Brrrofski on March 29, 2021 2:55PM
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    <Can player craft set equipment?>

I've been researching many of equipment at the crafting bench.
    But, I don't know how to re-use my researched information.

If I research set equipment, then I can craft the same set equipment?

The crafted sets work slightly differently than non-set gear.

To make set gear like Hunding's Rage you have to have the number of traits needed researched, and find the Hunding's station in the world. OR use an attuned station at a guild house or someone's home.