The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Absolute AOE set up for farming?

Cirantille
Cirantille
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
For example for Skyreach or big adds like that

It does not have to be an optimal one, just looking for a set up for this specific occasion

Should one stack crits? Spell dmg? If so which sets? I currently found easy sorc set up for high aoe but looking for suggestions to further go crazy on aoe damage

Ps. I found occult overload to be very useful since the enemies explode in chain reaction

Ps2. To complete faster
Edited by Cirantille on March 27, 2021 9:56AM
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblade, Grothdar, Elf Bane. Sould Harvest on front bar, Destro ult on back bar. Use Destro ult on backbar, switch to front bar, a few times sap essence and you can switch back to cast a destro before the first one has run out... This would be good for Skyreach. I wouldn't run it for smaller mob pulls in Public Dungeons etc. like that.

Edit: Don't run False God on that build. Many recommend False God, I don't know why. Because of the Destruction Expert passive from Destro you will have unlimited sustain anyway, because you kill everything with your destro ulti. I wear CP 150 Julianos training gear, but I guess Mother's sorrow or something would be stronger.
    Edited by vesselwiththepestle on March 27, 2021 10:44AM
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Bodycounter
    Bodycounter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because of the Destruction Expert passive from Destro you will have unlimited sustain anyway, because you kill everything with your destro ulti. I wear CP 150 Julianos training gear, but I guess Mother's sorrow or something would be stronger.

Destruction Expert has an internal cooldown of 10 seconds and is not good/enough for sustain. The sustain comes from champion points and/or False God‘s Devotion.

Sorcerer does indeed have very high AoE damage especially with a lightning staff. Unstable Wall, Lightning Flood, Boundless Storm and Mystic Orb should be enough for most trash packs. Combined with Critical Surge and Ring of the Pale Order you are almost unkillable. Shooting Star or Elemental Rage for harder packs.

Good sets would be False God‘s Devotion, Mechanical Acuity, Law of Julianos, Mother’s Sorrow or something similar. Monster sets could be Ilambris, Grothdarr or Valkyn Skoria.
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because of the Destruction Expert passive from Destro you will have unlimited sustain anyway, because you kill everything with your destro ulti. I wear CP 150 Julianos training gear, but I guess Mother's sorrow or something would be stronger.

Destruction Expert has an internal cooldown of 10 seconds and is not good/enough for sustain. The sustain comes from champion points and/or False God‘s Devotion.

Sorcerer does indeed have very high AoE damage especially with a lightning staff. Unstable Wall, Lightning Flood, Boundless Storm and Mystic Orb should be enough for most trash packs. Combined with Critical Surge and Ring of the Pale Order you are almost unkillable. Shooting Star or Elemental Rage for harder packs.

Good sets would be False God‘s Devotion, Mechanical Acuity, Law of Julianos, Mother’s Sorrow or something similar. Monster sets could be Ilambris, Grothdarr or Valkyn Skoria.

Magblade has it built in via Executioner passive, as well as the Destro one and CP. I find it near impossible to run dry in a big trash pull slaughter like Skyreach farming.
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no such thing as an absolute AoE Setup. There are options on different classes. I use MagBlade.

AND, if your goal is to farm CP en massè, then you are better off starting to craft yourself some Trainning Gear (Julianos and then an supplemental Overland Set on the Jewelry and Weapons, like Mother's Sorrow). Ideally you get two Monsterset pieces with training, but that is not a necessity.
    In most Trash pulls you will normally not have more than one proc and that one misses more often than it hits.
    Monster set procs are mostly ground effects or single target and the trash moves very quickly out of it, so that the damage impact is minimal. Or it takes too long to proc, becasue of some ridiculously low proc chance and the Trash is dead when the proc comes.

As a result I use two one Piece Monster sets for really high crit chance(Slimecraw and Iceheart). But that is me...
    Sustain is also no issue, because of the new passives(CP and Class) and self healing is a breeze on this class.

The key to successful farming is in the abilities you use, not the sets. Use two or three AoEs, that preferably have delayed damage and/or crown controll effects. Like Volcanic rune for example. And then something like Pulsar/ ELE ring for busting.
    That is similar to what you would do in PvP, only AoE instead of Single Target.

And since you are alone, most likely, it is best to run the Lover Mundus, so that you get to that 9100 penetration value without having to cast an ability. Trash Mobs have that armor rating. You wouldn't want to leave something for those trash mobs to defend themself, now would you?

And be sure your ULT generation/return is high or you use a low cost Ult, like Class Ults or Shooting Star(!!).
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run Grothdar + Overwhelming surge + Thunderbug on my magsorc using Boundless storm, Liquid lightning, Wall of shock, and Strom Pulsar. Crit surge keeps you up. It works :)
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The training setup I recently made is Grothdarr, Ring of Pale Order (or Mara), Front Bar False God, Back Bar is Burning Spell Weave. Works on any magic class really well, but mostly using on my Nightblade, because soul harvest allows you to stack destro ultimates. Front bar staff is lighting (training) back bar staff is fire (infused weapon damage), all other traits are training (other than jewelry). You can use unstable wall to reliably proc BSW from your back bar on cooldown. You really dont need a VMA staff when grinding, because light attacks arent really much on the damage meter in big trash pulls. Works very well in both Skyreach and BRP.

The nice thing about a front bar/ back bar setup with different sets is that you have room for both a monster set and a mythic item (or ring of Mara). Grothdarr is really strong in trash setups like this, and BSW is as good as anything for a back bar set. False god is not as important as it used to be with CP passives that give resources on kills, but constant major expedition is still nice and with FG I have unlimited magic in places like skyreach or even BRP (less enemies). When grinding, I really suggest taking both the stam and magic return on kill slottables from the new CP. That way if you need to block cast, its not an issue at all, neither is sprinting between pulls. I wasnt originally running the stam version, but man is it nice.

The most important thing about a farming setup is the training trait, not what gear you ultimately decide to run. If you are low on transmute, nothing wrong with a few crafted sets. Your goal is an AOE spam, a few ground AOEs, a Destro Ult, and some sort of self heal. You definitely want a lighting staff front bar on magic setups, both for the AOE buff and because it works better as a pull weapon with mobs.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on March 29, 2021 4:02PM
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The training setup I recently made is Grothdarr, Ring of Pale Order (or Mara), Front Bar False God, Back Bar is Burning Spell Weave. Works on any magic class really well, but mostly using on my Nightblade, because soul harvest allows you to stack destro ultimates. Front bar staff is lighting (training) back bar staff is fire (infused weapon damage), all other traits are training (other than jewelry). You can use unstable wall to reliably proc BSW from your back bar on cooldown. You really dont need a VMA staff when grinding, because light attacks arent really much on the damage meter in big trash pulls. Works very well in both Skyreach and BRP.

The nice thing about a front bar/ back bar setup with different sets is that you have room for both a monster set and a mythic item (or ring of Mara). Grothdarr is really strong in trash setups like this, and BSW is as good as anything for a back bar set. False god is not as important as it used to be with CP passives that give resources on kills, but constant major expedition is still nice and with FG I have unlimited magic in places like skyreach or even BRP (less enemies). When grinding, I really suggest taking both the stam and magic return on kill slottables from the new CP. That way if you need to block cast, its not an issue at all, neither is sprinting between pulls. I wasnt originally running the stam version, but man is it nice.

The most important thing about a farming setup is the training trait, not what gear you ultimately decide to run. If you are low on transmute, nothing wrong with a few crafted sets. Your goal is an AOE spam, a few ground AOEs, a Destro Ult, and some sort of self heal. You definitely want a lighting staff front bar on magic setups, both for the AOE buff and because it works better as a pull weapon with mobs.

Return stam part actually might be interesting considering there are lots of stuns and fears

What do you think of Ilambris? I noticed I never tried this set, it seems like it has higher chance to proc (33%) compared to Grothdarr
  • akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    as a Stamplar, i been running NMA training gear with, Kragh, Snow treader, master 2handed sword for the cleave bonus, and Maelstrom bow with caltrops and it seems to be pretty effective. I think my run time per Skyreach is about 7mins top ? to do a full circle with chest event. im open to better sugestions if anyones got any
    Edited by akredon_ESO on March 29, 2021 4:34PM
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    as a Stamplar, i been running NMA training gear with, Kragh, Snow treader, master 2handed sword for the cleave bonus, and Maelstrom bow with caltrops and it seems to be pretty effective. I think my run time per Skyreach is about 7mins top ? to do a full circle with chest event. im open to better sugestions if anyones got any

Ah huh that is actually interesting, considering there are lots of snares and such, how does it feel without sprint though?

• akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »

Ah huh that is actually interesting, considering there are lots of snares and such, how does it feel without sprint though?

I love it personally, There are a few snares that still trigger and slow you but out side of those ocassional times i think it does more good than specially when you stack it with the Major expedition roll you get from bow.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »

Return stam part actually might be interesting considering there are lots of stuns and fears

What do you think of Ilambris? I noticed I never tried this set, it seems like it has higher chance to proc (33%) compared to Grothdarr

Also a very good Trash/AOE Monster Set. I use it on my magcro in trash for trials (or random normals, where I also run a trash setup).

If you are really standing in the middle of the pull, I think Grothdarr is better. If you are standing outside the pack like you do in most trials, I think Ilambris is better. Grothdarr is around you, Ilambris is on a target.

And yes. I overlooked the stam return on kill originally for my magic setups. Been doing a bunch of grinding since Thursday, and it's a massive difference maker. Sprinting between pulls, block casting, interrupting/dodgerolling an archer, or using Silver Leash (in BRP) can all be stamina intensive.

I was having no magic or health issues when farming BRP, but the chaining was causing me issues with my stamina. My first solution was to actually run Crunchy Spider Skewer (Max Magic + Stam Regen) and trash stam pots. Then I slotted the Stam return on Kill and dropped both. I dont need any regen food or potions to sustain farming BRP or Skyreach with this setup.

Also, as long as it lasts, BRP>Skyreach for XP farming.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on March 29, 2021 6:21PM
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgot to mention the Executioner passive from Magblade. You don't need False God in Skyreach. That is just not true. I take for granted that you have the Magicka return CP star, though. Who doesn't?
    Also some Magblades use the Stamina morph for their ulti for ressource regain. In Skyreach you need Soul Harvest, it gives you 10 ultimate per kill, which isn't as strong as Deadwater, but you won't really notice the difference in Skyreach :).

This works best solo! As soon as you are killing the same enemies with another player, you will start losing out especially on ulti regen.
    Edited by vesselwiththepestle on March 30, 2021 6:35AM
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!