The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What year is Blackwood set in?

• Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »

Noah´s flood, a historical event... um, well. But I agree, it would be nice if there were other stories beyond "save Tamriel from total destruction".

Well, the point was that many people believed it happened, but aren't talking about it every day. This was in response to people pointing out that ESO's premise is unlikely because we never heard anything about it in any of the other games. I personally don't have a problem with epic storylines.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the point was that many people believed it happened, but aren't talking about it every day. This was in response to people pointing out that ESO's premise is unlikely because we never heard anything about it in any of the other games. I personally don't have a problem with epic storylines.

That's true, just because you haven't heard about something or nobody is talking about it, doesn't have to mean automatically that it is not existing or has not happened.

• Ekzorka
    Ekzorka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every year we have new chapter with great danger to whole Tamriel so from logical point this cumulation of events in short time is very weird.
    Like if there are still 2E 582 (thank you Black Drake Villa) then where are the Dark Anchors on the other zones? Or why Daedra Princes never mentioned about invasions of others? This year-stuck is stupid even with a story logic.
    Edited by Ekzorka on April 1, 2021 4:42AM
  • Aristocles22
    Aristocles22
    ✭✭✭
    How many times has Tamriel nearly ended in in 2E 582? It must be setting some sort of record. I don't know why ZoS is so reluctant to let even a single year pass, but I don't think there are enough minutes in a year for all the events we have seen in ESO to come to pass.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it actually illogical that we celebrate the New Life Festival every year when the year 2E 582 never ends?
  • HydraShalimara
    Isn't it actually illogical that we celebrate the New Life Festival every year when the year 2E 582 never ends?

I honestly thought this as well. We celebrate it every year, yet we’re in the same year? Doesnt make sense to me.
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Noah´s flood, a historical event... um, well. But I agree, it would be nice if there were other stories beyond "save Tamriel from total destruction".

But they stop being "epic" after the millionth time you've saved the world, don't they? Kind of kills any sense of weight a story would otherwise have.

But making a compelling story is hard, and Zenimax knows we'll spend money on them regardless, so here we are.
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
  • Julia_Nix
    Julia_Nix
    ✭✭✭
    Every year we have new chapter with great danger to whole Tamriel so from logical point this cumulation of events in short time is very weird. There is no point for focusing on dates, because it's already lore braking. Why people of 3E don't talk about this "crazy couple years with all possible Daedras attacks, dragons, vampires and performance issues"? If we want to put all these and future ESO histories into lore, than we have definitely the worst time of history in Tamriel.

Eh, ESO is for adults so why we don't get more adult stories (I don't think about 18+ content), more mature and personal histories WITHOUT world in danger? Some wars, politics, romances, local events. I and most of ESO players are not 13 years old anymore, so we don't feel special when we save 9999 time world in computer game. We want some histories to remeber, not next save-the-world filler...

When the Vestige saves the world for the 9999th time from a big bad daedra

[snip]

[Image Removed for Profanity]
    Edited by Psiion on June 13, 2021 3:17AM