The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Slopes

Auth3nticGlitch
Auth3nticGlitch
✭✭✭
First thing I learned when developing 3D games was slopes for the character controller. Which brings me to this bug report, sometimes no matter which speed I am going or whether or not I’m on a horse, slopes are not accounted for. Meaning when approaching stairs occasionally the horse or character does the correct thing and adjusts its trajectory to move down the stairs properly, other times I take a leap of faith and jump down the entire flight of stairs without touching a step causing the horse or character to stop as if stunned as well as take fall damage only to continue on moving. It’s immersion breaking and inconsistent. I assume this is a bug and it’s be en happening since I’ve started the game over a year ago. Now obviously if I’m moving at extreme speeds then yea it can be assumed I’m taking a leap of faith but sometimes even at extreme speeds It still adjusts its trajectory leading me to believe speed has nothing to do with it and it’s something else entirely causing this issue. Either way it would be nice to see my character or mount use slopes consistently.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have tried to figure out why sometimes I can do down stairs smoothly and found that tilting the camera to point downward seems to help sometimes but not always.

Not only does it bug me, but my controller no longer has enough charge to last all day and the constant rumble I get from riding my mount over things is surely a huge drain on it.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA