The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Broken graphics

vgabor
vgabor
✭✭✭✭✭
Something broke in the graphical rendering new patch
2hmecj2lyqrx.png

Edited by vgabor on April 18, 2021 12:50PM
  • AngryLorekeeper
    AngryLorekeeper
    ✭✭✭
    Tron meets Elder Scrolls?
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    A few questions:
    1. How often does it happen? Is it every time you log in or more randomly?
    2. Did you run repair? Assuming it is every time you log then this could be some broken data (some objects are not rendered at all from what I can see while others are correct)
    Edited by alterfenixeb17_ESO on March 10, 2021 2:32PM
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few questions:
    1. How often does it happen? Is it every time you log in or more randomly?
    2. Did you run repair? Assuming it is every time you log then this could be some broken data (some objects are not rendered at all from what I can see while others are correct)

It's a random occurrence and cannot replicate it intentionally, happened very rarely on character switch. Most of the time everything works fine so I guess it's not broken data just the rendering failed for some reason. Reloadui not fixing it, restarting game does.
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have asked this because I have found there is indeed some rendering issue too. It indeed happens from time to time however at least in my case not so often (in last 3 months happened maybe twice) and only restart helps. Since it happens for me so rarely I could not determine if it's related to particular graphics settings and if lowering it might help or not. Difference is that in my case all screen gets unusable so reporting it from within game is also not possible.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some things you could try are to repair via launcher and to update your graphic drivers.

However, I don't experience your issue but since the foa update the DoF effect of my reshade preset is broken.
    Maybe this is something out of our hands to solve.
  • lynzriches
    lynzriches
    ✭✭✭
    This happened to me tonight

s26b6bcsdhof.png

I noticed a few grainy "glitches" recently - just flashes of lines across the screen that looked like static. Then this happened when I was trying to wayshrine to Rawl'kha. Restart of my Mac seemed to fix the issue *for now*.
    @lynzriches | PC | NA | Master Crafter w/70+ motifs
  • doesurmindglow
    doesurmindglow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been happening to me also. Good to know it's a game bug others are experiencing and not my graphics card failing, I guess. But man. Awful.

I've managed to make it go away on at least a temporary basis by deleting the shadercache and restarting my computer. That'll hold for at least a few days before it starts artifacting like this again.

Here's one screenshot I captured of it:

vaaehoves3du.png
    Guildmaster : The Wild Hunt (formerly Aka Baka) : AD PC/NA
  • doesurmindglow
    doesurmindglow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a few more similar screencaps of what I was experiencing today, this time running the "vanilla" client with no add-ons enabled (though it blows my mind to imagine add-ons could somehow cause this):

mxkh9kbakuea.png

0g9vrapvich7.png

u7c2v9hx6q9n.png
  • doesurmindglow
    doesurmindglow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oops, accidentally uploaded the same screen twice. Here's the third screen I meant to upload:

r80f3n0marwf.png
  • ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be an update, either to that video card or something in the game's patch that is affects certain Vcards. I have had that experience before after a update/patch to the game. Mine was a problem rendering ground textures but it only did certain areas and not all the time. An update to my video card fixed it.
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently not just inside the game can get broken...
    hcf4ghorvkmg.png
    io0nbjnf0tw3.png

Edited by vgabor on April 18, 2021 12:54PM