Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

U29: Debilitate vs. Crippling Grasp (Nightblade)

Seraphayel
Seraphayel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Which morph are you using after U29? Debilitate now has an additional smaller tick each normal tick with Overcharged being damage, while Crippling Grasp has a higher instant damage component (but not so much anymore due to Overcharged dealing instant damage as well when you apply the skill).

So which morph do you use now and why?
PS5
EU
Aldmeri Dominion
- Khajiit Arcanist -

U29: Debilitate vs. Crippling Grasp (Nightblade) 30 votes

Debilitate
23%
hondelinkSeraphayelrossk25WrathOfInnosSpiritofESOJoSePHRiNGMidniteOwl1913 7 votes
Crippling Grasp
76%
milesrodneymcneely2_ESOSahidomShaibameekeyceeNagualVmaster_vanargandVermintideCHM228colossalvoidsIkitsaescishoeshinerWyrd88bdyidthe1andonlyskwexnesakintercatnamedwillAinSophJayKwellenSelotunholy_nox 23 votes
  • nesakinter
    nesakinter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crippling Grasp
    In PvE, NB has enough magic damage skills to proc Overcharge reliably without needing a guaranteed proc. Even Crippling Grasp has chances to proc Overcharged.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crippling is too expensive to add to rotation
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crippling Grasp
    Mojmir wrote: »

So? Don't both morphs have the same cost? What about Debilitate makes it worth the cost, or are you trying to say that both morphs are bad and you don't run either one?
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on March 27, 2021 7:50PM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

So? Don't both morphs have the same cost? What about Debilitate makes it worth the cost, or are you trying to say that both morphs are bad and you don't run either one?

i cant speak for debilitate, never used it. crippling however was on my bar for quite awhile
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Debilitate
    I didn’t have the chance to test it yet, but I think with Overcharged Debilitate deals as much damage as Crippling Grasp, if not more. Sure, we can proc Overcharged with other skills, but it’s a very small proc chance - with Debilitate it’s guaranteed. I think people are underestimating the additional damage potential (I’ll test it later and update this post).
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crippling Grasp
    Grasp.

I was only using Debilitate for the magicka steal component before, otherwise I'd have always used cripple. Sustain is easier now thanks to the chance of proc-ing overcharged on a bunch of NB skills, so I don't need that.

It's a very useful CC in PVP.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Debilitate
    Ok, I went back and tested it: Debilitate is dealing more damage overall than Crippling Grasp due to the constant Overcharged ticks.

The thing is, Debilitate does have an initial tick on impact as well which is just slightly weaker than that of Grasp. Both morphs tick for the same damage. But if you factor in the permanent Overcharged damage, Debilitate deals overall more damage. Not by much, it’s just ~5% more damage for Debilitate, but you permanently apply Magicksteal on top of it.

So if you‘re needing the root Crippling Grasp is better. If you don’t need it, Debilitate is the better morph (which is the case in PvE imho).

PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crippling Grasp
    Want to turn Debilitate into a PVP skill then add a 10% skill and ultimate cost increase for the duration of the DOT; then watch the forums blow up with complaints except those using proc sets.
    Edited by Sahidom on March 29, 2021 1:40AM