The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Imperial Statue, Emperor - Who is he?

EmperorRemanIV
EmperorRemanIV
✭✭✭
Hi there. This is my first post in the forum so sorry in advance if something is wrong here.

So, I've played this game since the beggining of last year and something bothers me about the Emperor statue that you can buy with crowns to furnish your house. This one:

uobng1uy3z28.jpg

When I saw it on the first time, in the UESP catalog, something in my mind told me that it might be a depiction of Emperor Attrebus, that reigned in the interregnum since somewhat after 2E430 and before 2E533 when Durcorach was crowned Emperor. But as I am writing now, I just realized it could also be Durcorach himself, since we was proeminent enough to want to build a statue of himself. But there is also another detail. A same statue of this is located on the Dragonfire Cathedral, located beneath the Imperial City, that can only be entered in the final quest line of the city. The screenshot is not mine, I found it random on the internet cause I was lazy to go through an entire set of quests just for a print haha

xppoftl252ls.jpg

The statue is there on the background. So if an statue like this is beneath such an important place, it could also mean that it depicts an Emperor from previous dynasties, most probably the Reman Dynasty, that precedes our current imperial situation in ESO. It could be then Emperor Reman II, since he was, as far as I know from the lore, one of the best Emperors of the Reman Dynasty, counting with Reman I (Who never took the imperial title and that we know from Skyrim that he probably didn't had beard).

Anyway, my guesses, from most certain to uncertain: Reman II, Durcorach, Attrebus.

So, does anyone here have any theories or lore information to who the person depicted in the statue is? Anyone have any guesses to whom it might be? Or I'm the only one who ever stopped to think about that? haha

Thanks for your attention guys, good game for you all!

(By the way, if anyone knows any guild trader in the European server selling that statue for gold, please tell me. I really want that statue)

Edited by EmperorRemanIV on March 28, 2021 11:19PM
His Imperial Majesty, Reman IV, Emperor of Cyrodiil, Sunspire Saint, Baron/Thane of Falkreath, Solitude and Morthal, Lord of the Daggerfall Covenant, Ophidian Overlord of Sanctum Ophidia, Councilor of the Ebonheart Pact, General of the Covenant Army, Clan Father, Guardian of the Reach, Elsweyr, Galen and owner of Fort Redwater and Fort Linchal.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    He isn't wearing the amulet of kings. That might narrow the field.

PC EU
  • EmperorRemanIV
    EmperorRemanIV
    ✭✭✭
    He isn't wearing the amulet of kings. That might narrow the field.

Yes, I just noticed that. He uses only that staff and that hat. Then he probably is an Emperor from the interregnum. His clothes are somewhat different, they don't look very imperial.

So the remaining options are: Attrebus, Durcorach or Moricar. It can't be Leovic cause we see Leovic in the sewers and it can't be the Kamal usurper cause he got to the throne after the events of ESO.

I just found a print of a wall depicture of Durcorach in Black Drake Villa.

3iwmkzb18tnt.jpg

That should narrow even more the chances of who is the person of the statue.
    His Imperial Majesty, Reman IV, Emperor of Cyrodiil, Sunspire Saint, Baron/Thane of Falkreath, Solitude and Morthal, Lord of the Daggerfall Covenant, Ophidian Overlord of Sanctum Ophidia, Councilor of the Ebonheart Pact, General of the Covenant Army, Clan Father, Guardian of the Reach, Elsweyr, Galen and owner of Fort Redwater and Fort Linchal.
  • TheRimOfTheSky
    TheRimOfTheSky
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Dragonfire Cathedral is ancient and dates back to the Alessian Empire, so its probably Ami-El, Gorieus, Shor-El, or one of the many other unknown emperors of that time.
  • EmperorRemanIV
    EmperorRemanIV
    ✭✭✭
    The Dragonfire Cathedral is ancient and dates back to the Alessian Empire, so its probably Ami-El, Gorieus, Shor-El, or one of the many other unknown emperors of that time.

Then why he is not wearing the Amulet of Kings?