The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Is Piercing Gaze Worth it?

Vevvev
Vevvev
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
As the title says does this CP star that increases your stealth detection rating by 3 meters worth it, or does it have the same PVP issues as Bosmer's Hunter's Eye passive?

What do I mean by this? Well both of these passives improve your detection by 3 meters and people have said in PVP if you're in stealth near an opponent in stealth they'll be alerted to your presence long before you'll be alerted to theirs. Granted you'll be able to see them before they can see you, but is this star worth putting points into?
PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    As the title says does this CP star that increases your stealth detection rating by 3 meters worth it, or does it have the same PVP issues as Bosmer's Hunter's Eye passive?

What do I mean by this? Well both of these passives improve your detection by 3 meters and people have said in PVP if you're in stealth near an opponent in stealth they'll be alerted to your presence long before you'll be alerted to theirs. Granted you'll be able to see them before they can see you, but is this star worth putting points into?

It's a passive so if you have the CP why not use it, I did, not sure I've noticed any effect on finding stealthed people
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Tribune
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Tribune
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP's Out of Sight and Piercing Gaze are weird.
    Do these offset each other?
    If so, their existence is not worth it, and it seems like a mechanism to waste CP points.