The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Questions about Templar

JHZero
JHZero
Soul Shriven
New/Returning player looking to gain some insight. I really like the Nova ultimate for Templar and am curious if it is good or not for a Stamina build. Also, is it at all viable to use melee weapons on a Magicka build for Templar?

Best Answer

• Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very good questions!

1) Ultimate skills like Nova scale from your highest offensive stat, be it Magicka or Stamina. It works perfectly fine on Stamplar (even though your CP may not be directly boosting magic damage). Note that Nova is more useful in group play, because its main feat is the synergy. It looks really cool and gives a range dot, though there are arguably better ultimates to use.

2) Templars generally fight melee, because their spammable, Jabs, is also melee. Physical weapons would make your Jabs stronger too, since they give more damage than staves. The Dawn's Wrath skill line has some good ranged spells too. I often played my Templar having one two-handed melee bar, and one ranged staff bar.

Templars are just so versatile!
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • JHZero
    JHZero
    Soul Shriven
    Athan1 wrote: »
    Very good questions!

1) Ultimate skills like Nova scale from your highest offensive stat, be it Magicka or Stamina. It works perfectly fine on Stamplar (even though your CP may not be directly boosting magic damage). Note that Nova is more useful in group play, because its main feat is the synergy. It looks really cool and gives a range dot, though there are arguably better ultimates to use.

2) Templars generally fight melee, because their spammable, Jabs, is also melee. Physical weapons would make your Jabs stronger too, since they give more damage than staves. The Dawn's Wrath skill line has some good ranged spells too. I often played my Templar having one two-handed melee bar, and one ranged staff bar.

Templars are just so versatile!

Thanks for taking the time to answer my previous questions. If you don't mind me asking another, what stat should I put my attribute points into if I wanted to achieve the build you mentioned with the two-handed melee and ranged staff setup?
    Options
  • SeekerAssassin
    it depends on what morphs of skills you use. Example if you use biting jabs(stamina morph) then your best bet would be to put into Stamina (along with other skill morphs) but if you use Puncturing Sweeps (magic Morph) then you would want to put into Magicka.

You could also do a hybrid build where you put into both.

Basically read the tool tips for your skills if you use mostly Magic then put into magic, if you use mostly stamina then put into stamina.

You will do more damage if you pick one or the other it will boost your overall damage with the ability's that use that attribute pool.
    Options
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JHZero wrote: »
    Thanks for taking the time to answer my previous questions. If you don't mind me asking another, what stat should I put my attribute points into if I wanted to achieve the build you mentioned with the two-handed melee and ranged staff setup?
    Just saw your new question. It generally pays off to be either Magicka OR Stamina Templar. If you go magicka, boost your magicka, spell damage, and spell critical as high as possible; for stamina, boost your stamina, weapon damage, and weapon critical. Then you can equip a weapon of your choice, they buff both spell and weapon damage equally - their only difference nowadays is what resource they return with heavy attacks.

And as mentioned above, try to choose the morphs (stamina or magicka) that fit your preferred stat as they will scale off it. Most Templar skills are magicka anyway.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
    Options