Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

You finally did it ZOS :P

Xargas13
Xargas13
✭✭✭
You finally destroyed light armor and made me go heavy. The increased damage from martial attacks did it, because every second player is a stamina user, which uses said martial attacks, when I faced NBs it was almost instant death, which before I was able to survive, now it's just stun and dead while you go through break free which isn't even always working... And shields became a joke, they fade almost instantly, and you can't see NBs before they attack you so... You also increased burst I noticed, but with light armor already being the squishiest it suffered the most. Noticed a healer in light armor the other day, NB ate him for dinner and didn't even choke, while when he attacked me, he "strategically retreated" fast after not killing me instantly and not doing enough damage, "strategic retreat" is a very common and annoying practice by the way, but that's for another day :D

I assume you increased burst to deal with tanks, but it did nothing, since there are still tank death machines around, and after trying heavy armor for myself, I think it wasn't the cause. I can spend pages here guessing on how to deal with them and what buffs they use, but you will do your own thing as always, just giving a feed back...

PS: This is not "nerf NB" thread, I just gave an example of insta kill.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xargas13 wrote: »
    You finally destroyed light armor and made me go heavy. The increased damage from martial attacks did it, because every second player is a stamina user, which uses said martial attacks, when I faced NBs it was almost instant death, which before I was able to survive, now it's just stun and dead while you go through break free which isn't even always working... And shields became a joke, they fade almost instantly, and you can't see NBs before they attack you so... You also increased burst I noticed, but with light armor already being the squishiest it suffered the most. Noticed a healer in light armor the other day, NB ate him for dinner and didn't even choke, while when he attacked me, he "strategically retreated" fast after not killing me instantly and not doing enough damage, "strategic retreat" is a very common and annoying practice by the way, but that's for another day :D

I assume you increased burst to deal with tanks, but it did nothing, since there are still tank death machines around, and after trying heavy armor for myself, I think it wasn't the cause. I can spend pages here guessing on how to deal with them and what buffs they use, but you will do your own thing as always, just giving a feed back...

PS: This is not "nerf NB" thread, I just gave an example of insta kill.

I'm on console so I haven't tested it yet but I too said that adding this penalty to the armor with the lowest resistance values would be a bad idea. Now stam will hit even harder against light armor wearers.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's another prime example of poor design. LA takes a double hit.

LA already took more martial damage by nature of the decreased armor class, then they add another debuff on top of it?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • WhyEvenTry
    WhyEvenTry
    ✭✭✭
    Damage in light armor is insane right now. You just have to be careful to block/roll stam players burst, if you do that you can survive just fine. You also mention "strategic retreat" which you call annoying; if you aren't retreating, using line of sight, then you will probably have a hard time surviving in light armor.

Also heavy armor now has a vulnerability to mag dmg, in my experience there are way less heavy armor "unkillable" tanks now, they get shredded by light armor mag.

If you still struggle to survive, try a defensive set. :smile: .
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im using LA i end up with 15+ with 1-3 deaths mostly in that armor even against experienced ppl. which wasnt the case at the start when i had to figure out stuff after the patch.

glasscannon is glasscannon ur preparation and attempt need to be different but its highly rewarding when u pull it off.

as a glasscannon i never get instakilled in bg and i have like 10 k or below resistances.

before u switch away from LA if ur on EU we can go over builds u could try atm there is no meta and many sets became viable in pvp which werent used before. @LordNoctus is the name if ur on my server.

but yes trying heavy armor wont hurt i switch myself every now and then just for fun
    Edited by Noctus on March 14, 2021 10:34PM
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are in a CP enable setting then there is the Hardy CP passive that reduces Martial attacks by up to 4%.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you should stop 7L in PvP.
    You should try 5L1M1H or 5L2H.
    This can increase your health and stamina and magicka and resitance with minimal disadvantages.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly Heavy seems the least appealing to me this patch. It's mitigation got nerfed, whereas light and medium offer a lot of sustain and damage/healing done. With good mobility and positioning, light/medium seems like the way to go.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • buzzclops
    buzzclops
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly Heavy seems the least appealing to me this patch. It's mitigation got nerfed, whereas light and medium offer a lot of sustain and damage/healing done. With good mobility and positioning, light/medium seems like the way to go.
    This. Problem is too many players got used to just facetank with low apm and getting help from sets.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like 5 heavy 2 light

3% more damage from magicka attacks
    3% less damage from physical attacks

When CC immune 2% less damage from magical attacks; 8% less from physical attacks

However include the resistance difference between heavy / light / or medium and im gonna guess that the overall resistance will add up to over 3%...

Meaning that original 3% more damage from magical attacks is probably negated naturally.

So its really only losing 5% sprint speed and having a 9% roll dodge increase both of which I hardly notice.

I also gain 10% break free cost reduction with more bash dmg and less bash cost.

So I feel the damage mitigation gain, break free cost reduction plus bash mods are well worth it
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    buzzclops wrote: »
    This. Problem is too many players got used to just facetank with low apm and getting help from sets.

True, they got used to always having training wheels on their bike.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are still in light?

Heavy and Malacath has been better since Greymoor
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the increased vulnerability on light armour was slightly unnecessary considering it's already the least protective armour class by its very nature. The damage is tasty but it's only viable if you're a pure stealth gank build (and magicka nightblade isn't even good at that, especially without procs) or obnoxious shield stacking sorc.

What I like is the way that, in theory at least, running 4/3 or 4/2/1 or whatever are now viable options. It's not all or nothing, so you can fine tune your personal balance of offense/defense without having to go all 5 in one weight and totally losing the benefits of the other weight. But on the other hand mag characters still feel like they loose out way too much for running more than 3 pieces of heavy.
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like 5 heavy 2 light

3% more damage from magicka attacks
    3% less damage from physical attacks

When CC immune 2% less damage from magical attacks; 8% less from physical attacks

However include the resistance difference between heavy / light / or medium and im gonna guess that the overall resistance will add up to over 3%...

Meaning that original 3% more damage from magical attacks is probably negated naturally.

So its really only losing 5% sprint speed and having a 9% roll dodge increase both of which I hardly notice.

I also gain 10% break free cost reduction with more bash dmg and less bash cost.

So I feel the damage mitigation gain, break free cost reduction plus bash mods are well worth it

[snip] it's not light sucks at the moment.... I don't care for the fact that it gets penalties but the more damage from martial attacks needa to go.... change it to something else if you have to but for real a heavy 2h build can still destroy a light armor build before the light armor wearer even knew what happened

[Edited for Baiting]
    Edited by Psiion on April 14, 2021 10:42PM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm running 5 light, 1 medium, 1 heavy on my mag sorc and magblade still.

I've found tankiness elsewhere.

And I don't shield stack on my sorc either, I only use one. Way more time to be offensive and kill people.