Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I think I don't know something... (PvP)

Xargas13
Xargas13
✭✭✭
This might a be long one... I don't even know where to start... Here's the situation, doing only BGs, so non CP, playing magcro, wearing all DPS sets for heavy armor, abandoned light armor because since the new patch, with no means of escape I just die in seconds, I found sets that provide the most damage, at least that's what I thought they do according to tooltips. Using "Innate Axiom" since all I do is using my class abilities, almost... Also wearing "Rattlecage", it provides a lot of spell power when considering heavy sets, and I don't have to slot "Degeneration" which frees up a an additional skill. I'm not much of a dungeon delver so I got "Maw of the Infernal" but replaced it because that lizardy ogre doesn't deal enough damage, replaced with "Slimecraw". Also I'm a vamp stage 4, I know not the best choice, but I play it non the less, and for stupid reasons to be honest. So in my rotation I try to use mistform as much as possible to get buff to my spell damage, also using enchant on weapon that increases spell damage after a light attack. Weapons are golden out to give the most damage. I found a way to use "Simmering Frenzy" without dying too.

So with all of that I would assume my damage should be good, more then good... But I deal not much damage to some players, I was doing fine at what I assume was low to medium rating, was getting 15+ kills and all that. But since the patch I think MMR was reset and I meet those high rating players. They deal lots and lots of damage while taking almost none, with that kind of odds it doesn't matter how good or bad I am, it's like playing against a player that has a god mode cheat on. I found that most NBs are the most vulnerable to my damage for some reason, it's rare that I loose to NB or they survive if they don't run.

Previously I was playing WoW and always did my own thing without looking for builds, guides, rotations etc. While doing so been at high rating and did quite well, more then well to be honest. Here though I'm at a total loss, I looked at the guides and builds and none of them explain what I'm doing wrong, I was even suspecting that my account is bugged somehow, didn't create a ticket but the thought is there...

Here are my stats in BG:
Maximum Magicka 32k
Maximum Health 27k
Maximum Stamina 15k

Spell damage 4.1k (without vampire buff, weapon buff and "Simmering Frenzy")
Spell critical 16%
Spell penetration 3.2k (didn't figure out how to boost it without sets, all I have is a weapon trait)

Spell and Physical Resistance 23k (buffed)
Crit Resistance 2.2k

So what can I do to maximize my damage in heavy armor? And how to get tanky against others as others are? What am I missing? I would use a defensive set but then my damage goes into a gutter, and then I die AND slap them with wet noodles, so not much of a difference. Sorry for the long post, but I asked for help before and no one can seem to clear the matter, so I decided to explain everything in detail and give as much info as I can. I would like detailed answers if you please, help this N'wah git good:) Thank you.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wish I could help, but I don't know this class. It should have good healing, but I couldn't tell you how to access it. I suspect you may want a Vateshran destro like everyone else.

The problem with Mist Form is, it's been nerfed. No more resources, specifically no stamina regen while in Mist Form. I believe this has greatly diminished it's value. As a stage 4 vamp you should be able to sprint and disappear, though.
    Edited by fred4 on March 19, 2021 1:37PM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to me that ZOS allows grossly imbalanced high-damage classes in their version of PvP with TTK (Time To Kill) being abysmally FAST -- as you say... just seconds.

Their fairly poor and ineffective attempts at balancing Cyrodiil PvP and Battlegrounds -- and I am sorry to say this -- affect the entire player base directly or indirectly and, as far as I can tell, never actually puts all classes on an equal footing in offense and defense.

Essentially, with certain classes/builds you can be dead before the stun wears off -- OR -- you can see five players trying and FAILING to kill ONE overpowered player. The excuse given is that the player has Mad Skillz. I assure you, he has NOT. You have to jump around, roll dodge, break LoS (simplistic) and press AT MOST about three buttons rapidly.

ESO has taken a copied the Dark Age of Camelot Realm v Realm "Frontiers" PvP and pasted it in Cyrodiil. Unfortunately they have never really gotten it to work without lag or being well balanced for all classes.

I assume they never will. They could -- and probably won't -- sack their current Class Devs/PvP Devs and hire real masters of class balance and strategy, and they could do this will the bundle of money they make from the Crown Store.

Again, I assume they never will -- sort of like all the Online Game Masters you see all around nabbing multi-character scripted harvesting bots cheating 24/7 in plain sight.

Oh, the Online Game Masters? You don't see them? Correct. They don't exist. Harvesting Bots? Yep, they are still around and have been for years and no matter how many reports you put in about them they persist.

Quiet rant ended. :smiley:

:smiley:
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"