The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Craft Bag and Lag Suspicion

ichsuisme
ichsuisme
✭✭✭
So, I've got a suspicion about the lag. Could it be the craft bag? The craft bag wasn't originally in the game, it was added later on with the Dark brotherhood dlc and now 5 years later anyone who's ever subbed or played during an ESO+ event now likely has thousands of items being carried around with them at all times into every fight. And like the devs kind of said before with all the complex calculations, is the game checking thousands of items everytime we press a button? And over the years the craft bag would've grown with each new motif style requiring a new material, jewelry crafting, housing materials, alchemy mats, and just general player stockpiling. Could that be why lag just seems to get worse and worse? Is the craft bag weighing us down? When a ball group charges into a keep, are their hundreds of thousands of items charging with them and being calculated somehow, for some reason?

Since we're at the point where we're testing things that admittedly didn't have an impact, I think it's worth having a test where the craft bag is disabled in cyrodiil. I'm no game developer, I won't pretend that I understand lag, but since we seem desperate to try anything and check stuff off a troubleshooting list, maybe the craft bag should be tested. It'd likely be the least intrusive test so far unless you're running around cyrodiil just to farm random ores and fibers. Just make it so that when we're in cyrodiil, we cannot retrieve items from the craft bag and materials we collect are not automatically added. That could be the whole test.

Ideas? Input? Am I just wrong?
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings!

As we do not allow conspiracy theories or misinformation, we are now going to close this thread. We understand that everyone has their own opinions they want to express, but we also want the forums to be a constructive platform for ESO and its community.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.