Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we PLEASE get rid of capture the relic?

• Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    Piraja27 wrote: »
    Capture the flag has been a staple of PVP modes since...the dawn of the Internet 1.0? This is just ESO's version....have you not experienced this game mode in other games prior to ESO?

Yes but other games managed to make capture the flag actually fun, ESO fails at this very hard and making bad game mode worse, it is being exploited hard right now.

Really? Idk it feels just as fun in ESO as it does in other multiplayer games I've played in the past. Every game puts their own "spin" on it, but the fundamentals of the game mode feels the same to me.

Yeah the ESO "spin" on capture the flag is not very fun. The build craft is fun and all but the way game functions now it makes such game mode undesirable and many agree with me.

The game mode has so many inconsistencies regarding picking up the relic and carrying it, you can say 'pick it up and take to your base' which sounds simple, then add facts that certain movement abilities are disabled, whilst others are not, other defensive plays are allowed with relic and again, others not. Then add exploits where people use the immovable potions with +40k health build to pick up relic so you cannot bash player picking it up, then run back home with s&b ult. Yes, very fun game mode to play with randoms, game doesn't support voice chat on PC so communication and teaming up at needed spot is not happening, because you know, text chat whilst fighting.
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kostic wrote: »
    No one likes this game. Yes, I'm sure there will be four of you who want to chime in that this is your favorite game, and I'll be expecting that. Aside from you four, no one likes this game. If we're going to play every other game as DM, fine.At least the other teams play as a group in domination and even chaosball, and we can still get a fight from that. We can't even get a 4v4, let alone 4v4v4 fight in cap the relic because half the players don't know what to do, and the other half don't know what the other players on their team want to do.

We can't even sit at spawn and wait for it to end because it takes so long. Please just get rid of this game, ZOS.

Suggestion, dont q for random bg. Q for dm. Easy.

Problem solve.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jtm1018 wrote: »
    No one likes this game. Yes, I'm sure there will be four of you who want to chime in that this is your favorite game, and I'll be expecting that. Aside from you four, no one likes this game. If we're going to play every other game as DM, fine.At least the other teams play as a group in domination and even chaosball, and we can still get a fight from that. We can't even get a 4v4, let alone 4v4v4 fight in cap the relic because half the players don't know what to do, and the other half don't know what the other players on their team want to do.

We can't even sit at spawn and wait for it to end because it takes so long. Please just get rid of this game, ZOS.

Problem solve.

How do you do that?
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruder wrote: »
    Yesterday we had a "Capture the relic mode" where 11 of 12 players were playing our beloved Deathmatch, sadly there was 1 clueless guy who decided to play the objective and the game finished too fast..

We need dedicated DM que, I`m sick of stupid relics and flags I play BGs to PvP not to run like headless chicken around the map.

Being forced to play a random Battleground Game Mode isnt very "Play how you want", which is/was the main selling point of ESO.

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the only reason I play the game, and the main reason I go on living. Wait I've never played it just going with the herd.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jtm1018 wrote: »

Problem solve.

tenor.gif?itemid=5568435

Edited by exeeter702 on March 24, 2021 7:55PM