The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

"In Combat" Bug :(

kapachia
kapachia
✭✭✭
When will ZOS address this "in combat" bug in Cyrodiil?
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose never. Suicide potions are your best friend in Cyro :) it works like free port stone :)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should be able to use /stuck while in combat in Cyrodiil...
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Ringod123
    Ringod123
    ✭✭✭
    The same time they fix the standing on mount bug, 7 years and counting, if its not fixed by now it never will be as it's clearly in the "we don't care" category that the dev's just laugh off when asked about.
  • PirateShaped
    This was always a thing for me but only happened occasionally and when it did, i could usually rationalize why I was still in combat. It seems to happen constantly now.

Previously, it felt like there was some set of conditions that kept you in combat. The player is still in a certain distance of you, that player is still in combat, you are still on a contested objective, etc. Now it just happens and sometimes it will not change back. Even after traveling to a different keep across the map, sometimes I am still locked in combat.
  • Ringod123
    Ringod123
    ✭✭✭
    This was always a thing for me but only happened occasionally and when it did, i could usually rationalize why I was still in combat. It seems to happen constantly now.

Previously, it felt like there was some set of conditions that kept you in combat. The player is still in a certain distance of you, that player is still in combat, you are still on a contested objective, etc. Now it just happens and sometimes it will not change back. Even after traveling to a different keep across the map, sometimes I am still locked in combat.

It's simply because a person or persons you had the audacity to fire off at least one attack against is still alive somewhere/anywhere on the map, being chased down by 70 other people from your faction, running around rocks/buildings, not being able to be killed as it takes everyone 3 seconds to cast a single skill, while he's healing back to full with a single heal every 3 seconds.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When a "bug" reaches a certain age, it becomes a feature.

edited to add

Sometimes you can get out of combat with this work around. Sheath your weapons, drop in crouch/stealth, and open the crown store. When the game pulls you out of stealth, you have a small window of not being in combat. It doesn't always work and it is just enough time to mount up before you get put back in combat.
    Edited by Ackwalan on March 23, 2021 5:23PM
  • Flangdoodle
    Flangdoodle
    ✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Sometimes you can get out of combat with this work around. Sheath your weapons, drop in crouch/stealth, and open the crown store.

Should have added " spend at least $20 USD on crowns, close and resume."

(KIDDING!! :D )