The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Fun Fact magicka vs stamina

Noctus
Noctus
✭✭✭✭✭
statisticly boneshield is Stronger and Cheaper than any other shields that most classes have access to. did u ever see a stamina player use a shield ?

(they can dedicate fully into their main source and have their mitigation from rolldodges without spending a skillslot)

Edited by Noctus on March 22, 2021 4:36PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I use shields on most of Stam based tanks
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • nesakinter
    nesakinter
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do you get the statistics that Bone Shield a shield that is only 15% of your HP in PvP the strongest? At 50K HP, you are looking at a measly 7.5k shield lol.

For a magblade main, your bias against roll dodge is ridiculously apparent. Dodge is the magblade's Achilles heel, it is just the way it is, better to accept it and move on.
    Options
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nesakinter wrote: »
    How do you get the statistics that Bone Shield a shield that is only 15% of your HP in PvP the strongest? At 50K HP, you are looking at a measly 7.5k shield lol.

For a magblade main, your bias against roll dodge is ridiculously apparent. Dodge is the magblade's Achilles heel, it is just the way it is, better to accept it and move on.

check the numbers

https://www.eso-skillfactory.com/en/build-planer/
    Options
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »

check the numbers

This just leads to a blank build planner, did you mean for that?
    Options
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bone shield is 15% of your max HP, dampen magic and hardened ward are both ~20% of your max magicka.
    So in order to have a higher shield than a mag dd with 40k magicka, they would need more than 53k HP. In which case they are not plaing a stamina build but a hp tank.
    Options
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

check the numbers

This just leads to a blank build planner, did you mean for that?

yeh u can look up the skills and their costs etc in the build planner.
    Options
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bone shield is 15% of your max HP, dampen magic and hardened ward are both ~20% of your max magicka.
    So in order to have a higher shield than a mag dd with 40k magicka, they would need more than 53k HP. In which case they are not plaing a stamina build but a hp tank.

magicka shields are capped on 50% of max health. as an example if u have 25 k health and 35 k magicka ur healing ward should give u around 7500 and bone shield is then 8000 with lesser costs while it even has synergy going for it ofcourse also reflect effect if u morph it to that.
    Edited by Noctus on March 22, 2021 2:00AM
    Options
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

magicka shields are capped on 50% of max health. as an example if u have 25 k health and 35 k magicka ur healing ward should give u around 7500 and bone shield is then 8000 with lesser costs while it even has synergy going for it ofcourse also reflect effect if u morph it to that.

You haven't been introduced to battle spirit yet right?
    Options
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use 4 shields on my Magplar who has 54k magic, 28k health and 20k stamina.

In Cyrodiil Dampen Magicka is about 10k with the blazing, bone and ward ally shields each being slightly north of 5k.

Only reasons I don’t run just DM is because you cannot stack the same shield on top of itself, and ward ally allows me to give out a shield to someone else. Blazing is front barred with DM and only used in absolute emergencies where a second shield is needed before a bar swap to my healing bar, and bone is only used because I have to spend stamina on something.

So yeah, dampen magicka for the win.
    Options
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In Cyrodiil Dampen Magicka is about 10k with the blazing, bone and ward ally shields each being slightly north of 5k.

Only reasons I don’t run just DM is because you cannot stack the same shield on top of itself, and ward ally allows me to give out a shield to someone else. Blazing is front barred with DM and only used in absolute emergencies where a second shield is needed before a bar swap to my healing bar, and bone is only used because I have to spend stamina on something.

4 shields? makes me wish old Shieldbreaker was a thing lol
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
    Options
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we are drifting away from the point i was trying to make which is. that stamina characters have an advantage becouse magicka user has to equip shields to survive which costs skill slots and on top has to invest to stamina to break out of stun etc. while stamina can just focus on main resource and get their mitigation by rolldodging continiously which is even more effective than shields since it completely nulifies the attack.
    Options
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BohnT2 wrote: »

[Quoted post was removed]

No I'm telling you that all shields are affected by battlespirit thus bone shield only gives a shield equivalent to 15% of your HP which is trash.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 23, 2021 1:49PM
    Options
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    statisticly boneshield is Stronger and Cheaper than any other shields that most classes have access to. did u ever see a stamina player use a shield ?

(they can dedicate fully into their main source and have their mitigation from rolldodges without spending a skillslot)[
    we are drifting away from the point i was trying to make which is. that stamina characters have an advantage becouse magicka user has to equip shields to survive which costs skill slots and on top has to invest to stamina to break out of stun etc. while stamina can just focus on main resource and get their mitigation by rolldodging continiously which is even more effective than shields since it completely nulifies the attack.

you don't really have to invest in non main stat any longer.....and yes mag toons use shields, but they can also melt people with 3k spell dmg, which is not comprable to stam toons. ps stam toons (most classes anyway) need to "invest" in mag to survive as much (if not more in some cases) as mag classes "investing" into stam..

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
    Options
  • catnamedwill
    catnamedwill
    ✭✭✭

Specifically yes. The others shields are capped at at a certain HP percentage but scale with magicka. Conjured Ward/Annulment will give you up to 50% HP but does not scale with HP. So with 26k and 40K Magicka, you are looking at a 13k Shield.
    Where as with 26k HP, you won't get bigger than 3.9k Bone Shield.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 23, 2021 1:50PM
    Options
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    wazzz56 wrote: »

4 shields? makes me wish old Shieldbreaker was a thing lol

How else am I supposed to spam massive damage while wearing paper? lol
    Options
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Specifically yes. The others shields are capped at at a certain HP percentage but scale with magicka. Conjured Ward/Annulment will give you up to 50% HP but does not scale with HP. So with 26k and 40K Magicka, you are looking at a 13k Shield.

in bg my healing ward gives me like 2900 shields while bone shield gives me 3500 or so. im sitting at 35 k magicka and 23 k health.

i could log in my sorc to test what u said but ill trust u on this and state that not every magicka user is a sorc and other magicka classes rely on dampen magic and ward.
    Options
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and yes mag toons use shields, but they can also melt people with 3k spell dmg, which is not comprable to stam toons.

this is just false. stamblade, stamwarden have more burst than their counterparts especially with the twohanded 50% finisher.
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

in bg my healing ward gives me like 2900 shields while bone shield gives me 3500 or so. im sitting at 35 k magicka and 23 k health.

i could log in my sorc to test what u said but ill trust u on this and state that not every magicka user is a sorc and other magicka classes rely on dampen magic and ward.

Healing ward , annulment and bone shield all have different types of calculating finał shield size. And You seems to not understand any of them if Your answer to someone taking about annulment/conjured ward is showing the results of bone shield vs healing ward comparison.
    Options
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

Healing ward , annulment and bone shield all have different types of calculating finał shield size. And You seems to not understand any of them if Your answer to someone taking about annulment/conjured ward is showing the results of bone shield vs healing ward comparison.

the point is not talking about which shield is stronger etc. im just pointing out that stam classes even tho they have a shield are not using it due to the mitigation given by rolldodge thus having an innate advantage against magicka thats all
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the point is not talking about which shield is stronger etc. im just pointing out that stam classes even tho they have a shield are not using it due to the mitigation given by rolldodge thus having an innate advantage against magicka thats all

[snip] Stam classes don't use bone shield simply because It's very weak shield compared to other shields. [snip]

Funnily enough when ZoS added stamina scaling to bone shield few years ago on PTS they removed that almost immidiately. During short testing period bone shield on stamina user was reaching values around 80% of shield size mag setups had but its was still enough for stam builds to heavily dominate in fights on PTS.

If stam setups would have acces to 8-10k shields today then they would obviously use it that's all.

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Options
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If stam setups would have acces to 8-10k shields today then they would obviously use it that's all.

Can u go battlegrounds with magblade magden Magplar and confirm any shield having 10 k by Posting a screenshot?
    The values ur talking about are weird.
    As i stated before at a value of 25 k HP and 35k mag boneshield still superior or keeping up with mag shields.

[snip]

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 23, 2021 1:51PM
    Options
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP also seem to assume that mag specs need shields to survive. I haven't used a shield on my main in pvp since the shield nerf.
    PS | EU
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jackey wrote: »
    OP also seem to assume that mag specs need shields to survive. I haven't used a shield on my main in pvp since the shield nerf.

Pretty much.

While i wouldve preferred light armor to be given something other than dodgeroll cost reduction as a defensive bonus, it is the meta we live in.

My magplar can spam those sweet sweet somersaults back to back like its nothin now.

The extra 1k spd also went a long way in making heals, even for magicka, a lot more potent.

Even on a setup more focused on regen all around, i can rip 10-12k breath of life crits.

Also i love the fact that the OP is comparing non battlespirit boneshield to magicka shields.

Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bone shield just scales from max health

Healing ward scales more the lower health you have.

Annulment scales with max health and max stam.

I don't know what math you're doing OP, but bone shield is not stronger than the shield mag characters have.

If bone shield was so good outside of straight health builds, why aren't we all using them on stam builds??
    Edited by Brrrofski on March 23, 2021 8:39AM
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can u go battlegrounds with magblade magden Magplar and confirm any shield having 10 k by Posting a screenshot?
    As i stated before at a value of 25 k HP and 35k mag boneshield still superior or keeping up with mag shields.

So either way ur lying or my game is bugged

There is also a third option. You don't understand things You're talking about.

Here are shield values in no CP Cyro (equivalent of BG) for a character with 24,4k HP and 35,7k mag (keep in mind that dampen will get also 6% boost for each light armor piece so atleast +30% on that shield which gives around 7,2k atleast)

lEYEU4W.png

The reason why Your reasoning failed is because You don't know how shields work and how they scale.
    Options
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Magicka can fight at range.
    No need to dodge roll or block a Dizzy Swing if you are 20m away.
    Options
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and yes mag toons use shields, but they can also melt people with 3k spell dmg, which is not comprable to stam toons.

this is just false. stamblade, stamwarden have more burst than their counterparts especially with the twohanded 50% finisher.

Nobody should be getting "bursted" by people with 3k weapon damage tbh...cheesed down perhaps, but just flat out bursted, nah

Options
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So either way ur lying or my game is bugged

There is also a third option. You don't understand things You're talking about.

Here are shield values in no CP Cyro (equivalent of BG) for a character with 24,4k HP and 35,7k mag (keep in mind that dampen will get also 6% boost for each light armor piece so atleast +30% on that shield which gives around 7,2k atleast)

The reason why Your reasoning failed is because You don't know how shields work and how they scale.

wheres the 10 k u talked about ?
    also u cant bring sorcs shields up no other magicka class has access to them.
    if u wanna consider secondary effects than a 85 % reflect + synergy is kinda strong.
    Options
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »

range matters in pve.... u are mistaken to think that u can keep ur distance from a stamsorc and magplars, magblades need to be close range
    Options
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »

range matters in pve.... u are mistaken to think that u can keep ur distance from a stamsorc and magplars, magblades need to be close range

Magplars maybe, magblade you only need to be melee for ultimate.

You can also block/dodge on mag. Especially this patch where base is up to 12k. Whack on 7 Prismatics, 6% from Undaunted passive, maybe even stamina from Tri-Stat food and you're laughing.
    Options