The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Elder Scroll. Just Elder Scroll pls.

Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
✭✭✭✭✭
I just want an elder scroll. No pedestal, no pillar of light, no levitation or rotation. I just want to put it on the shelf and admire it. Maybe just a slight glow that can be turned on/off. ZOS pls...h3xufnhpa2l7.png
PC/EU
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get one - if you PvP. It's an achievement furnishing called Decoy Elder Scroll.
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »
    You can get one - if you PvP. It's an achievement furnishing called Decoy Elder Scroll.

Someone didn't read the post at all~
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The one you buy from Cyrodiil do not fit everywhere

Because it glows crazy

Unless the house is dark or has outside, it is difficult to live with eye blinding light

Even outside, I would prefer to be able to tune its glow
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »

Because it glows crazy

Unless the house is dark or has outside, it is difficult to live with eye blinding light

You can turn off the glow from it, which solves that problem. The floaty part is still an issue with that one tho, and I agree with OP. Having a version that doesn't float would be nice, just add it for the same price and pre req for purchase as the floaty scroll.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bucky_13 wrote: »

Because it glows crazy

You can turn off the glow from it, which solves that problem. The floaty part is still an issue with that one tho, and I agree with OP. Having a version that doesn't float would be nice, just add it for the same price and pre req for purchase as the floaty scroll.

You can't turn off the glow, you can just turn it into offensive or defensive scroll

It always glows (blinds the eye) either in blue or yellow light
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »

It requires PvP rank 50, Grand Overlord... How many housing enthusiasts have or are going to grind the top pvp rank?

I am fine with some scaled down scrolls. And more books. Right now we can only buy two plain scrolls from the crown store.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »
    How many housing enthusiasts have or are going to grind the top pvp rank?

Housing enthusiast and PvP enthusiast are not mutually exclusive terms.

I have lots of PvP furnishings in my homes, including thrones, hammers, etc. Also, the siege furnishings have unique fire, ice, and lightning effects that can be used in any home by sinking the siege into walls, floors, and such.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need more scroll furnishings of all sorts — including piles of scrolls as well as more piles of books. If the furnishing limit can’t be increased, ZOS needs to continue helping us work within it!

This scroll would be something I look forward to getting someday but I wish it wasn’t floating. I guess you could go all Psijic theme with it, floating books, etc.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    kind_hero wrote: »
    How many housing enthusiasts have or are going to grind the top pvp rank?

Housing enthusiast and PvP enthusiast are not mutually exclusive terms.

I have lots of PvP furnishings in my homes, including thrones, hammers, etc. Also, the siege furnishings have unique fire, ice, and lightning effects that can be used in any home by sinking the siege into walls, floors, and such.

Not mutually exclusive, no, but I suspect far more housing enthusiasts that have no interest in PvPing to level 50. Why not one that doesn't glow and looks quite a bit different that non-PvPers can buy?
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a scroll furnishing you can buy in the Housing Editor, but it's pretty crude looking compared to an elder scroll.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    There is a scroll furnishing you can buy in the Housing Editor, but it's pretty crude looking compared to an elder scroll.

Yep, exactly two plain individual scrolls. I want piles of scrolls, fancy looking scrolls (not glowing and floating) an open scroll, etc. MORE OPTIONS! My wizards’ studies need more clutter! :lol:
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Because it glows crazy

Exactly lore friendly, Those who read the scrolls go blind ;)
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »

Because it glows crazy

Exactly lore friendly, Those who read the scrolls go blind ;)

Ok I lolled you have a point :joy:
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I think the requirement of getting Grand Overlord is wrong. I would like to see an achievement introduced for actually running a scroll, and maybe when you have placed, say 100 scrolls, the ability to buy the decoy elder scroll.

Grand Overlord could then have a different reward more fitting of its rank
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    Personally I think the requirement of getting Grand Overlord is wrong. I would like to see an achievement introduced for actually running a scroll, and maybe when you have placed, say 100 scrolls, the ability to buy the decoy elder scroll.

100 scrolls! Only a handful could get it then!

I’ve had the chance to return one once, and I’m a general now.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »

Would be better if there was an achievement to secure each scroll, and the furniture item would cost 1mil AP.
    I'm a Legate now and I've carried a scroll maybe 10 times. At this point I don't think a glorified lantern is worth the grind. I got the Volendrung Replica with less effort.