The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Meticulous Disassembly

tmbrinks
tmbrinks
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Cross-posting this here since a majority of players don't look at the PTS subforum.

Meticulous Disassembly seems to work as follows, now that it's finally "fixed" on the PTS.

When you are at 0/3, 1/3 or 2/3 in your deconstruction/refining passive, it adds 1 level to the passive (so 1/3 becomes 2/3)

When at 3/3 in the passive + Meticulous Disassembly star slotted = Old drop rates + approximately 12.5% (best guess as of right now) for improvement materials gotten from refining.

Data and test results in the Google Sheet below.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/153tkynjLNvEY85RbQq2X1DAFeuE2MPL2iTTdjpdnuiY
Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
61,215 achievement points
  • Wamuli
    Wamuli
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your work :) Now I am not afraid of refining when the new update goes live!
    Sapienti sat

PS4 total ingame playtime from release to 11/2018: 85+ days
    PC total ingame playtime since 02/2020: 42+ days
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @tmbrinks Thanks again for your efforts!
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the patch live. I will be keeping track of my personal refining and updating the data in my other mega-spreadsheet that I have

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQDUjYNQVsIFl0ktkbkSlfYPkzP6pgCOTMQ-qCuzfaI/edit#gid=1892397659

link to the specific page.

I have added in the percentile ranks and some simple analysis of what the drop rates appear to be. As more data is collected, these numbers will change and we should be able to narrow down the effects that Meticulous Disassembly has on refining rates.

I am assuming that anybody refining is at 3/3 in the passives AND slotting Meticulous Disassembly.

MA also seems to affect improvement material drops from deconstructing gear. I am NOT tracking this (already track enough... lol), but anecdotally, it seems to be true.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Cross-posting this here since a majority of players don't look at the PTS subforum.

Meticulous Disassembly seems to work as follows, now that it's finally "fixed" on the PTS.

When you are at 0/3, 1/3 or 2/3 in your deconstruction/refining passive, it adds 1 level to the passive (so 1/3 becomes 2/3)

When at 3/3 in the passive + Meticulous Disassembly star slotted = Old drop rates + approximately 12.5% (best guess as of right now) for improvement materials gotten from refining.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/153tkynjLNvEY85RbQq2X1DAFeuE2MPL2iTTdjpdnuiY

To be clear: You mean the expected drop rate w/ Meticulous Disassembly is about 9/8 of what it would otherwise be?
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

To be clear: You mean the expected drop rate w/ Meticulous Disassembly is about 9/8 of what it would otherwise be?

Yes, that is correct.

Instead of 15/12.5/7.5/5 % drop rate per refine

It's about 16.9/14.1/8.4/5.6 % drop rate (1.125 or 9/8 of the base rate)