The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Would it be such a bad idea?

Nightpulse
Nightpulse
✭✭
To expand housing to maybe include owning a farm or plot of land to grow Fruit/Vegetable crops that grow over real time? Like a full week, for a harvest of selective crops you planted with seeds and depending on the size of the farm or plot of land you purchased, the amount of crops you are able to harvest. I think this would be a good addition to the game while also requiring an amount of work to be put in by the individual to care for the crops daily. Think of a harvest as a survey for other crafts in amount of materials it can produce.

I checked multiple popular guild traders for certain provisions like potatoes, tomatoes and garlic and barely found any, so another source to obtain them wouldn't go amiss for me.

And while we're on the topic, maybe an option to own a windmill to turn wheat into flour over a weekly process too, for instance 20 wheat for 5 flour. You being of course able to grow your own wheat.

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in all honesty, nobody sells them because they aren't worth anything, especially at the popular guild traders. With most of them being worth like 10 gold each, that's a slot on a guild trader for something worth 2k gold... that usually doesn't sell quick.

From years of doing provisioning writs, I literally have 10k+ of all of these just sitting in my craft bag.

So, if you're on PC/NA, I'll gladly send you a few stacks of them. Anytime anybody in zone asks for provisioning mats or lower level crafting mats I just send them a stack, since they'll do nothing else but collect dust in the craft bag.

Not that I'm against the idea of being able to grow them in your home, but there is no shortage of these mats.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

From years of doing provisioning writs, I literally have 10k+ of all of these just sitting in my craft bag.

Not only that, but the provisioning hireling gives insane amounts of mats too. I routinely get 20 + 20 mats from my hireling per character, which across 14 characters adds up very quickly.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• tc91101
    tc91101
    ✭✭✭
    I don't need to grow wheat. I have several thousands. Now, if I could only grow chromium plating. Wouldn't that be a hoot.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to make a bonfire with my Seasoning.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No ta, I don't want to play farmville thank you. Whilst I'd like to be able to have more plants available as housing items I don't want to be tending a farm.

They introduced it into Runescape many years ago amd it became a nightmare having to remember to water your crops and to harvest your crops.

I don't play this game.to be spending all my time tending to my crops across all my houses.

And I do have a windmill. It will be available soon at the luxury vendor for 259k
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be great in my opinion.
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In TES V Skyrim you could grow a few plants next to your house and collect eggs from the chickens. I can well imagine that some people would find this activity entertaining, so why not, it would fit within the framework of housing.
  • ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your not looking in the right places. There are over 150 sellers of tomatoes and potatoes on PC NA right now. Over 250 sellers of garlic. You don't buy these types of items in top locations. You buy these items in low tier trading spots that have guilds with low weekly requirements. Hirelings also acquire you quite a bit of these daily.

I do farming in survival type games. I don't play ESO to do farming. So having a farm to micromanage daily in ESO would not appeal to me.