Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Potential compatibility issue with Nacon controllers

Paha_Vaatturi
Paha_Vaatturi
✭✭✭
I thought that my controller (Nacon Revolution Unlimited Pro) has problems with L2 trigger, but it seems that this might be some Nacon-ESO -compatibility issue. Sadly, I don’t have a solid starting date for this issue, but here I some dates that I know of:

Dd/mm/yyyy
20/04/2020 - Bought the controller. No problems.
Xx/06/2020 - Started ESO break about a week after Greymoor update
06/11/2020 - Continued ESO. Didn’t notice any problems with controller.
Xx/02/2021 - I don’t remember the specific date, but I noticed the L2 problem a couple of times in February.
16/03/2021 - U29 lands on PS4. Constant issues with L2 zooming out the world map. Once in a while the characters gets stuck holding block.

My first idea was the obvious: the Nacon controller includes triggers and thus it can get broken. I had to reconsider this conclusion when a guild member told that he has the exact same issue with another Nacon model - and for him, the issue exists ONLY in Elder Scrolls Online.

I attached the controller to my laptop and launched the Nacon Revolution software to examine if this issue appears on PC too. So far, I haven’t been able to replicate this issue outside ESO. I’ll do some further testing today.

Thus, TODO:
- Try to replicate the issue on PS4 Pro on another game
- Try to replicate the issue on PC (Nacon software or a game)
  • Paha_Vaatturi
    Paha_Vaatturi
    ✭✭✭
    Update: both me and the friend have been experiencing for about 2-4 weeks. The problem exists both with cable and as wireless (using the Nacon dongle.)

Update #2: I problem exists with PS4 Pro and PS5 on ESO. Haven’t yet been able to replicate the issue on any other game or on PC.
    Edited by Paha_Vaatturi on March 21, 2021 5:28PM