The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Radiant Apex Token System

TheTruestKing
TheTruestKing
✭✭✭
Can we get Radiant Apex Tokens instead of being given whatever mount rng gives us. Most of us buy crown crates for one mount. The gems were a nice addition but all radiant Apex need to be made with love and intricate detail. That way they can all be the same price on gems. Say 1600 gems. The current system is still too rng based to frequently purchase crown crates.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Er, doesn't that defeat the whole point of RNG crates and crown gems?

I mean, just think about Crown Crates as a series of "Tier Tokens" and you can spend your token on any reward you want in that tier. Sounds great, right? Now imagine what that does to ZOS' sales as you get the things you want that much quicker with less items you don't want. And now you know why that won't happen.
  • TheTruestKing
    TheTruestKing
    ✭✭✭
    Ah. I figured they'd make more money if more people were willing to spend money. And it doesn't change sales at all. I don't think most are collectors trying to get every radiant every season. Most people want one but settle with whatever they get. All this change would do is make it so when people roll a radiant they can get the one they want. The token would be just as rare. Now you know why it may happen.
  • ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah. I figured they'd make more money if more people were willing to spend money. And it doesn't change sales at all. I don't think most are collectors trying to get every radiant every season. Most people want one but settle with whatever they get. All this change would do is make it so when people roll a radiant they can get the one they want. The token would be just as rare. Now you know why it may happen.

Crown gems provide a solution to this. You can pick what mount you want with gems.