The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Did I Miss Something About Crafting?

ACamaroGuy
ACamaroGuy
✭✭✭
I purchased Stonekeeper shoulders from the Undaunted chest. Of course it came in purple. I was lucky to get it in medium. I went and upgraded it to gold and the 1 piece stats never changed. The health, magicka and stamina stayed the same value as it was in purple. Did the game screw up or did I just miss an announcement about upgrading gear?
For the Empire
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depending on the set bonus, many don't have varying stats as they go up in quality while others do. Some of the damage values are solely based on your stats (such as max magicka/stamina and/or weapon/spell damage).
  • ACamaroGuy
    ACamaroGuy
    ✭✭✭
    Depending on the set bonus, many don't have varying stats as they go up in quality while others do. Some of the damage values are solely based on your stats (such as max magicka/stamina and/or weapon/spell damage).

It's the first stat. The health, magicka and stamina bonus. If they don't increase, then why even bother making these items gold?
    For the Empire
  • dlrgames
    dlrgames
    ✭✭
    There is a preview window that shows before you finalize the upgrade. You can read the stats to decide if it is worth spending the mats.
  • ACamaroGuy
    ACamaroGuy
    ✭✭✭
    dlrgames wrote: »
    There is a preview window that shows before you finalize the upgrade. You can read the stats to decide if it is worth spending the mats.

I did but somehow it didn't register that it was possible. I figured it was a new update glitch...
    For the Empire