The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Updating discontinued AddOns

Peritye
Peritye
✭✭✭
Hello, anyone knows how to manually update and outdated addon that is not being updated by the original author anymore? Requires coding.
The AddOn is called: xTG Immersive UI

thanks!
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Immersion guide

Take a look at that guide it might have what you are looking for.

Anything specific you are looking for that addon to do that others cant?
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the addon still work?

If so and the only problem is that it's marked as out of date then you probably just need to change the version number, which can be done via Windows Notepad. But in that case you could also just check the box on the addon menu to enable out of date addons, which will allow it to run even if it shows as being out of date.

If it's not working then things get more complicated because it depends on what the problem is. It might be a quick fix, or it might require an extensive re-write of the code which only an experienced addon author could do.

There's a Wiki on ESOUI.com which explains how to create addons, which can be used to learn how to edit them as well. (A while ago I taught myself to make account-wide addons character specific via that site.) But some changes are easier to make than others, so it really depends on what exactly needs to be done.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Peritye
    Peritye
    ✭✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »
    Immersion guide

Yeah, the addon I mentioned makes your attribute bars invisible and when you lose health, you get flashing red filters on the side of the screens. Which makes the player not look at the bottom of the screen during combat, but and the enemy.
  • Peritye
    Peritye
    ✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Does the addon still work?

If so and the only problem is that it's marked as out of date then you probably just need to change the version number, which can be done via Windows Notepad. But in that case you could also just check the box on the addon menu to enable out of date addons, which will allow it to run even if it shows as being out of date.

If it's not working then things get more complicated because it depends on what the problem is. It might be a quick fix, or it might require an extensive re-write of the code which only an experienced addon author could do.

There's a Wiki on ESOUI.com which explains how to create addons, which can be used to learn how to edit them as well. (A while ago I taught myself to make account-wide addons character specific via that site.) But some changes are easier to make than others, so it really depends on what exactly needs to be done.

It was working until the newest update, but maybe if I change the version nukber it will work again? Idk...
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Peritye wrote: »
    WiseSky wrote: »
    Immersion guide

Yeah, the addon I mentioned makes your attribute bars invisible and when you lose health, you get flashing red filters on the side of the screens. Which makes the player not look at the bottom of the screen during combat, but and the enemy.

I had that AddOn it was a cool feature to hear your heartbeat.

I just turn off the heath bars attributes in Settings and rely on the natural Reding of the screen when in low health.

I hope someone picks it up or adds the feature in another addon.
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons