Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Will Radiant Apex Mounts in older Crown Crates be available for purchase with Gems?

StolenEyes
StolenEyes
✭✭✭
As the title suggests, will the Radiant Apex mounts in previous Crown Crates be made available for purchase with Gems should these crates return to the store, as they do periodically? I only ask because there is a particular mount I really want and wish to save for it.
Xbox/EU1750+ CP--The Vessius Sisters, exiled Imperial/Breton family - Sarenia, Stamina Sorcerer, AD Lexia, Stamina Nightblade Silencer, DCHelvena, Dragonknight Tank, EPMalerie, Magicka Vampire Necromancer, DCQuiselle, Magicka Templar, ADKethria, Magicka Nightblade Vampire Thief, AD

Best Answer

• Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they do that's guaranteed a lot more crate sales for them as I'm sure there are a lot of us that lusted after a particular Radiant and wished it was purchaseable. I for one would definitely start buying more crates to hoard gems for when they re-release certain crates. I have no reason to do that right now because I'm not going to actually win one and I don't have hundreds of dollars to spend on entertainment, nor do I feel like grinding my butt off enough to buy them with gold. But if they add old Radiants to the purchaseable lineup, I will actually have the motivation to get as many crates as I can. I desperately wanted that purple Psijic horse, and a few others, and it almost physically hurt to see them released as Radiant Apexes (I have a stupid habit of falling in love with datamines).
    Answer ✓
  • ArchonLucien
    ArchonLucien
    ✭✭✭
    Probably not, i would guess ZOS thinks its not worth having people that got the old ones by sheer luck or massive amounts of crowns spent getting angry that they can be bought for what they might see as "cheap" in comparison.
  • Subfocus
    Subfocus
    ✭✭
    If it will make them a buck, just look at all their "limited" stuff that comes around full circle. This is a test, if it goes well, you can expect something to happen.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would say they won't but you can never know.
    Some older crates don't even have radiant apex mounts in them.

I would like one radiant from Psijic crates but seeing the price of the current radiants,I would most likely pass on it.
    No mount is worth thousands of gems.
    Edited by Lady_Galadhiel on March 18, 2021 8:02PM
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is a way to appease Microsoft as technically the mounts can now be obtained with in game gold if you buy from a crown seller. Microsoft hates gambling crates so if its all technically available for in game gold even if its not then really a true gambling crate. I would fully expect all old crates to have this added retroactively in an attempt to try keep them in and appease their new Microsoft overlords.