Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wireless Keyboard for Xbox?

Seraphayel
Seraphayel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Title.

I really like to chat a lot in MMORPGs, but on console it’s difficult.

I really would like to connect a cheap keyboard to my Xbox to use the chat more - is that possible?

The best thing would be really if we could type in the chat from our smartphones via the Xbox app but I guess that’s not possible.

Is there any solution for my desire to connect a keyboard to my Series X?

I have the little chatpad for the controller, but it’s still quite difficult to type and it’s annoying to have it plugged in during playtime...
PS5
EU
Aldmeri Dominion
- Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use the Logitech K400 Plus, worked on my xbox x and on my new series x. Cant use the touch pad, but chatting works great.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balibe wrote: »
    I use the Logitech K400 Plus, worked on my xbox x and on my new series x. Cant use the touch pad, but chatting works great.

Does it have a wireless adapter you just plug into the USB port of the console and then it will get a signal? And then you can use the keyboard for the chat and the controller at the same time? Did you have to do something special that it worked or was it that easy via plug and play?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a little adapter that plugs into the console, just like the one for a laptop mouse. Nothing to setup in the console, it just works. Not sure if you can also use the chatpad with a keyboard.
  • lasseb16_ESO4
    Any normal USB keyboard will work with the Xbox One and Series S|X, provided it doesn't need specialized drivers installed on the computer to operate (which you obviously won't be able to do on the console).

This includes any wireless keyboards, as long as they have a dongle or other communication device plugged into a USB port on the console that makes it operate like a normal cabled USB keyboard.

It also includes mice, except that the use of a mouse depends entirely on the game. ESO does not use the mouse for anything, but other games might.

The setup I use is a logitech wireless mouse and a logitech wireless keyboard, both using the "unity" connector that Logitech has made, which allows me to connect both devices to just one usb connector plugged into the Xbox.

You can of course also use usb hubs connected to the console if you require more ports but I'm not sure how tolerant the console is about hubs it will need to power over usb.

I also have the Chatpad connected to my controller, and you can use that at the same time you have a keyboard attached. Only finicky thing with this setup is that you might be getting a localized keyboard for your country, like I have here in Norway, whereas the chatpad is english only, so the placement of keys is a bit odd between the two.
  • lasseb16_ESO4
    ... The setup I use is a logitech wireless mouse and a logitech wireless keyboard, both using the "unity" connector that Logitech has made, which allows me to connect both devices to just one usb connector plugged into the Xbox....

They each came with their own unity connector that they were paired with, I had to do the repairing on a Windows computer by installing the relevant logitech software and then pairing one of the devices to the unity connector of the other one. After that I just moved that connector over to the Xbox.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balibe wrote: »

I do have this keyboard now and it works great, thanks to Balibe.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Konstanz
    Konstanz
    So, you have to have a wireless keyboard with a dongol? my little portable keyboard is Bluetooth, but no dongol.
    🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶
    • 99 little bugs in the code
    • 99 little bugs
    • Take one out, pass it around
    • 287,439 bugs in the code
    🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶
  • AnonomissX
    AnonomissX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dongle, yes. Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse for $20-30.00 USD on Amazon will do the trick. The tiny dongle is just a USB connection you plug into one of THREE USB ports on the xbox. Just slide it into one of those ports, put the AAA batteries in the keyboard and voila! It just WORKS.

You will love using it in ESO and other games and apps on your xbox One. And, I like it because I can turn off my controller while watching videos on YouTube, Netflix, Amazon Video, Disney+ etc...and therefore save your controller battery charge.
    Ebonheart Pact, Nord Templar/healer on NA Xbox server. My main toon WAS a tall and foxy redhead - now she has been gamma-irradiated and has green skin and black hair. 3 other characters I only use for writs. Can't be bothered to create multiple toons - EXCEPT now my WW is getting spooled up for Cyrodiil - Blood For The Pact! IRL cranky sometimes redhead chick at large in Las Vegas, NV