The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

What is the meta standard and advanced stats for tanks this patch?

HoundofTara
HoundofTara
✭✭✭
Currently my tanks are at 490-600 block cost with a 70% reduction, between 40k-46k hp, with about 33k spell res and 32k phys res resulting in over 50% on standard residences and 47.5% on status effect resistances, are those normal or low stats in anyway? I don't see anyone talking about the tank meta so I'd love some answers for direction.
Veteran Rank 16 Argonian Dragonknight, Ebonheart Pact.
Xbox One/PC
  • Sangwyne
    Sangwyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the block mitigation stat might be broken, mine seems to be fixed at 70% no matter what I do. Ideally you want to shoot for as close to 33k resistances as possible without going over, because the more resistances you have, the more effective they become at reducing damage. 40-46k HP is perfectly fine, but more important is the amount of maximum resources and Magicka recovery you have. A 55k HP tank without Magicka to heal, buff and debuff or Stamina to taunt, block and roll is not a very useful tank at all, and Stamina recovery is disabled while blocking and sprinting, meaning you want to have a way of regaining Stamina that isn't tied to recovery but enough Magicka recovery to actually cast your skills. For that reason, I would suggest running Tri-Stat on pretty much everything you can, if you can afford it, and considering Triune on Jewelry. Infused is also good if you are running Reduce Prismatic Cost or Bracing glyphs on Jewelry, as their effect is quite potent already and making it 60% more effective is quite nice.
  • HoundofTara
    HoundofTara
    ✭✭✭
    Sangwyne wrote: »
    I think the block mitigation stat might be broken, mine seems to be fixed at 70% no matter what I do. Ideally you want to shoot for as close to 33k resistances as possible without going over, because the more resistances you have, the more effective they become at reducing damage. 40-46k HP is perfectly fine, but more important is the amount of maximum resources and Magicka recovery you have. A 55k HP tank without Magicka to heal, buff and debuff or Stamina to taunt, block and roll is not a very useful tank at all, and Stamina recovery is disabled while blocking and sprinting, meaning you want to have a way of regaining Stamina that isn't tied to recovery but enough Magicka recovery to actually cast your skills. For that reason, I would suggest running Tri-Stat on pretty much everything you can, if you can afford it, and considering Triune on Jewelry. Infused is also good if you are running Reduce Prismatic Cost or Bracing glyphs on Jewelry, as their effect is quite potent already and making it 60% more effective is quite nice.

I have 28k stam and 22k mag, about 900 mag recov, 1000 health recov, tri stat glyphs and foods. What's your block cost?
    Xbox One/PC
  • HoundofTara
    HoundofTara
    ✭✭✭
    Currently my tanks are at 490-600 block cost with a 70% reduction, between 40k-46k hp, with about 33k spell res and 32k phys res resulting in over 50% on standard residences and 47.5% on status effect resistances, are those normal or low stats in anyway? I don't see anyone talking about the tank meta so I'd love some answers for direction.

I also have 28k stam, 22k mag, 900 mag recov, 1000 health recov.
    Xbox One/PC
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your stats are good and @Sangwyne gave you good advice, I’d just second what he said.

Further, he brought up an important issue and that’s sustain. Tanks can do different tricks to pull off sustain but the important thing is if your build succeeds.

I find one thing that few people mention is just how much sustaining is NOT about stats. I find that carefully designing a balance of a magicka and stamina expenditure so that it taxes them evenly is crucial. And sometimes an ability that sounds best on paper turns out to wreck your entire build because now you lean too heavily on either Stam or Magicka. You have to find your sustain balance that matches your rhythm of casting. Or change your rhythm to match your sustain.

But if you find balance on sustain and have those stats you will be fine.