The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Complete /lute tabs

Erraln
Erraln
✭✭✭✭✭
I wasn't sure where to ask this, as the support options seem more game-related... what is Zenimax's position on tablature distribution? The lute work in the game is one of my favorite aspects of the experience, and I'd like to help instruct the community to play it, as it were. The legality of the format is hazy, though, as there are precedents for music labels and such attempting to block the sharing of any form of their IP, including tabs.

If it's possible, I'd like to know the stance on this. If it's positive, I'd also like to know who to credit for the sung bardic performance/ solo lute composition, assuming that information is public. I've had little luck searching for it.
Edited by Erraln on April 23, 2015 6:28PM
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I didn't hear a no, so here they are. Hopefully somebody can get some enjoyment out of them :)
  • Lunairetic
    Lunairetic
    ✭✭
    This is awesome! I wish I could play any kind of instrument so that I could enjoy them, since I love the lute tunes in this game. Hopefully some talented musicians will be able to put these to good use! :) Thanks for doing this!
    twitter.com/TESfangirrl
    Blood for the Pact!!
  • BruceAndre
    BruceAndre
    ✭✭
    Erraln wrote: »
    Well, I didn't hear a no, so here they are. Hopefully somebody can get some enjoyment out of them :)

Thank You & Thank You, joined the forums so that I could thank you. :) & Thanks again, these are instant classics to me.
  • ZombiePigHam
    Does anyone know if the lute emote music is included in these tabs?
    Xbox One gamertag: ZombiePigHam
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if the lute emote music is included in these tabs?

That's what these are, yes. There are ten songs available from the /lute command, with your character's selection being dependant on their race, iirc. They are all instrumental versions of the Bardic Performances, and I followed that naming convention.
  • wulfang
    wulfang
    Soul Shriven
    asom i been trying to find the lute music for this game... however, I don't really play the guitar and thats all it shows for the tabs... any chance of finding it for violin or mandolin... would think the mandolin is closest to a lute ^^
  • Amaryllis_Arvensis
    Amaryllis_Arvensis
    ✭✭✭
    Oh greeeeat, I've search for it since a long time. I've asked once to Zenimax but they said it wasn't possible. :D
    Le cynique est celui qui, lorsqu'il sent un parfum de fleurs, cherche le cercueil.
    H. L. Mencken
  • Pr0jectseph
    Pr0jectseph
    ✭✭
    Years later, and I wanted to say thank you very much for the tabs.
    You're a legend
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Erraln wrote: »

Thanks so much ,!,,!,!!!!
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • SaulMoore
    SaulMoore
    Soul Shriven
    Hello @Erraln

Not sure if you still read this thread. Do you happen to have music sheet versions of these as well? Or perhaps even better, can convert these tabs to mandolin as well?

I've got a lovely ~100 year old neapolitan mandolin and would love to play these songs on it, but unfortnately I have no talent for converting these on the computer.