The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone having odd issues with U29?

SeaGtGruff
SeaGtGruff
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I play on a MacBook Air when I can't play on my Windows desktop. After applying the new update to my MacBook Air I've run into a couple of issues:

(1) After launching and getting logged in on PC NA, I tried to go "back" so I could switch to PC EU and do my daily crafting on that server first. But ESO closed unexpectedly as soon as I clicked on "Back." I launched ESO again, was logged in on PC NA, and tried to go "back" to the server selection screen-- and it worked.

(2) I selected the first character I needed to do crafting writs on, and was able to do two days of writs as expected-- yesterday's and today's. But when I logged out of that character so I could do writs on the next character, the character I'd just done writs on was displayed incorrectly on the character selection screen. I'm not sure how to describe it, but I'd seen it before, a few years ago-- the character was a funky geometrical shape, with spikes projecting outward. Yet the same character had been displayed correctly on the character selection screen shortly before that. As soon as I clicked on the name of the next character I wanted to load, ESO closed unexpectedly.

Has anyone else noticed these, or other, issues with U29 on macOS? Or is it just me? I just updated my MacBook Air to the latest macOS version the other day, but ESO ran fine afterward. The only other thing I updated on it was the iMovie app this morning, just before updating and playing ESO.
I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • AngryLorekeeper
    AngryLorekeeper
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I'm having issues on the Mac as well. I can not seem to login consistently. Much like you I get to the point where I choose a character, and then the game crashes. It can take 4-5 times to get a successful login, last night I got so tired of the crashes I moved on to another game. If this continues without any action from ZOS it will be time to leave for good. I love the game but I'm already tired of the crashes, and the complete inability to switch characters without having to log back in 4-5 times.
  • lynzriches
    lynzriches
    ✭✭✭
    I'm able to log in just fine (PC/NA server), it's switching zones via wayshrine or travel to player, entering delves or trying to fast travel to any of my houses. Seems to be random - sometimes it works, sometimes it takes me 4 tries to be able to successfully travel anywhere. I have also noticed issues when previewing furnishings in the guild store - it either shows me my character or the banker (or merchant), even though I have the option to "end preview". Sometimes I can view an actual furnishing preview, but it's the wrong one lol. Weird stuff.
    @lynzriches | PC | NA | Master Crafter w/70+ motifs
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The graphical issue I had seems to have been fixed, but I get frequent crashes to desktop ("ESO closed unexpectedly") when signing out of a character and returning to the character selection screen. I've sent the crash reports to Apple, although I don't know what Apple does with them.

This is while cycling through my characters to do daily crafting writs. It's a bit random; I can usually do two characters before crashing, but sometimes it crashes after just one character, and sometimes after successfully doing three in a row.

I just restart ESO and move on to the next character.
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can play for maybe an hour and then I get really bad frame rates, panning the camera is particularly sticky fps oscillates between 2 and 17 , its worse if i've been in a dungeon.

Shutting down the game and restarting it solves the problem for the next period of time.

It's bloody annoying for the guild if we are doing pledges as I have to do this between dungeons.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deter1UK wrote: »
    I can play for maybe an hour and then I get really bad frame rates, panning the camera is particularly sticky fps oscillates between 2 and 17 , its worse if i've been in a dungeon.

Shutting down the game and restarting it solves the problem for the next period of time.

It's bloody annoying for the guild if we are doing pledges as I have to do this between dungeons.

I have this issue as well, but it did not start with U29. I have had it for awhile.
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    I have this issue as well, but it did not start with U29. I have had it for awhile.

I've had it since Greymoor but it's *much* worse now ...
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't have any of the problems I'm now having until after I installed U29.

But since I updated macOS on my MacBook Air a day or two before that, it might be related more to that than to U29 per se.

The interesting thing is, when ESO closes unexpectedly for me, the error report always mentions the same kernel address-- 0x18 (with a whole bunch of leading zeros, of course). I kniw that others have mentioned a different address, but for me it's always 0x18.

Last night I was actually able to go "back" from the character selection screen to the server selection screen without ESO closing unexpectedly, to switch servers and do writs on my PC NA characters. And I was able to do writs on four or five characters in a row before ESO closed unexpectedly, whereas it's usually been happening after two or three characters-- but right after that, it happened after doing writs on a single character.

I haven't had any more instances of the funky graphics issue with the spikey geometrical shape, but I did get one instance of logging out of a character and having that character be invisible on the character selection screen-- his pet and mount were drawn normally, and his inferno staff was drawn okay (floating in the air), but the character himself was missing!
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am having some minor issues on PS4/NA (playing on a PS5) - enemy targeting seems to be the biggest issue at the moment. My characters seem to be having issues firing off skills because they can't seem to target correctly, even with tab targeting. Withdrawing and depositing items from the bank also occasionally causes a "stutter". I am also seeing low level assets for nodes that are actually max level mats - I have seen this occur with wood and metal so far - a maple log image was showing but gave me ruby ash wood, and an iron rock image gave me rubedite ore (I have skill points properly set 10/10 for every crafting category so it should not be showing me low level nodes).
    NA PS4