Edited by demerdecanswrath on July 28, 2020 10:34AM
If you're like me and have been begging for a stable and optimal client and have a higher range mac on your hands, consider this.
1. Install Parallels Desktop from the Mac App Store.
2. Install Windows 10 through Parallels (with Gaming settings).
3. Install ESO on Windows 10.
Voila! There is a performance hit because of Parallels' translation layer, but if your Mac has a discrete GPU and a generous amount of RAM, the client is far more enjoyable.
- Windowed fullscreen, spaces, notifications & everything.
- No disappearing cursors! No white blocks! No freezing pointers!
- Discord integration & Xbox Game Bar (if you're into these).
- No boot camp, the entire vm is contained within a concise .pvm file.
- Parallels from the MAS is the lowest overhead hypervisor on macOS (afaik).
- Can even copy the "Elder Scrolls Online" folder from macOS so, no re-downloading the entire game.
- Lower graphics preferences to accommodate for the VM overhead.
- Windows Activation (if desired)
- Parallels Desktop subscription mandatory
This was a fun experiment since I'm already using Parallels for work.
If you're disappointed still, I feel you entirely. These forums are a mental emotional trigger for disappointment anyways.
Any ZoS employee that might have looked at this and thought: "Good for these guys", you're part of the problem.
Proudly playing and producing content on a 2018 15" MacBook Pro.
- Arien Larethian (High Elf Templar)
- Relus Demerdecan (Redguard Dragonknight)
- Elisia Bonaire (Breton Nightblade)