The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[IDEA] Tokens for changing a single appearance feature or slider

Araneae6537
Araneae6537
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
First, I am glad that there are many appearance features that we can change freely once the collection pack is bought and I do think that hair color should be added to this, also adding to the range of colors available for each race.

I would also like to see an option to change a single feature that can’t otherwise be changed — for instance voice, eye color, where are character is on the body style triangle — for 100 Crowns. If you want to completely change your appearance, the appearance change token will still be the best deal, but if there’s that one tweak you want to make, then you could without feeling like you’ve overpaid. I know I would buy such tokens for characters that I’m happy enough with but would love to make just right.

For what it’s worth, other MMORPGs have had similar options: SWTOR charges completely based on what aspects of appearance are being altered and whether any are premium options while GW2 has both complete appearance change tokens as well as less expensive hair tokens.

If something along these lines could be implemented in ESO, that would be fantastic! :)
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aion once upon a time allowed players to use the "barber" to change their character for gold... that was before they monetized everything and the game went into the crapper.

Maybe let us buy the tokens for crowns and/or gems as long as it's a reasonable price.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aion once upon a time allowed players to use the "barber" to change their character for gold... that was before they monetized everything and the game went into the crapper.

Maybe let us buy the tokens for crowns and/or gems as long as it's a reasonable price.

Right now a full appearance change token is 1000 Crowns, with which you can change everything about your character’s appearance within that race’s presets as well as voice, so 100 Crowns for just one small thing seems reasonable while keeping the current token the best deal for a total makeover. It had might as well not exist as cost Gems though since those are the most limited currency and items bought with them cannot even be gifted.
  • FaylenSol
    FaylenSol
    ✭✭✭✭
    Charging crowns to change appearance is actually my largest grievance with the crown store when so many other games only charge in-game gold.

Even another online game under the Zenimax umbrella Fallout 76 just lets you change your characters appearance for free any time with just a couple button presses.

So it just feels real bad that ESO charges effectively $10 to change your characters appearance.
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FaylenSol wrote: »
    Charging crowns to change appearance is actually my largest grievance with the crown store when so many other games only charge in-game gold.

Even another online game under the Zenimax umbrella Fallout 76 just lets you change your characters appearance for free any time with just a couple button presses.

So it just feels real bad that ESO charges effectively $10 to change your characters appearance.

AGreed! Or they could just lessen the price of appearance tokens significantly. I am reasonably sure they make bank on things like houses (most of them cost more than 50$).
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be down but they dont even have what I want to change. I want my nord to have "real" black hair. Best we got is a dark brown but I want black. Hair dyes maybe one day?
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eirikir wrote: »
    I'd be down but they dont even have what I want to change. I want my nord to have "real" black hair. Best we got is a dark brown but I want black. Hair dyes maybe one day?

Yeah, there really needs to be a hair color pack just like there is for styles, adornments, etc! Pay for once and then change at will for no additional cost and with more options than you had before. :)

There is no sense for there not to be one! To use a similar example, there are Altmer in the game with dark hair, even black. And then there are even styles from Crown crates which are obviously dyed — streaks of pink or blue and green — so a dark-haired Nord or Altmer isn’t going to cause Nirn to implode! :lol: