Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Taunting doesn't work for Dubdil Alar Tower WB in Vvardenfell ?

AvalonRanger
AvalonRanger
✭✭✭✭✭
Taunting doesn't work for Dubdil Alar Tower WB in Vvardenfell ?

One day, I was fighting with Dubdil Alar Tower WB in Vvardenfell.
Then suddenly, sorcerer? class other player came in. So, I keep taunting
to avoid sorcerer player's death by undaunted skill. But, that WB ignore my taunting,
and keeps following other player. And sorcerer player died so many times through the
fighting. I keep shooting undaunted skill just like MG42 machinegun, but WB
keep attacking sorcerer player.

Why? Is that kind of bug?
My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
with [1Stam Blade].
But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".

2024/08/23
Farewell Atsuko Tanaka...(-_-) I never forget epic acting for major Motoko Kusanagi.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a bunch of untauntable bosses and ads in the game, as well as others who partly ignore it, or who have conditions when they ignore or drop it (eg distance based jumps). The number of times I get moaned at by squishies that don't know this in places like Darkshade 2 and Direfrost.

They are not bugs - they are part of the game so that damage dealers have to do something other than stand still and mindlessly repeat a sequence of timed keypresses.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a bunch of untauntable bosses and ads in the game, as well as others who partly ignore it, or who have conditions when they ignore or drop it (eg distance based jumps). The number of times I get moaned at by squishies that don't know this in places like Darkshade 2 and Direfrost.

They are not bugs - they are part of the game so that damage dealers have to do something other than stand still and mindlessly repeat a sequence of timed keypresses.

What kind of defensive skill does sorcerer have?
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    with [1Stam Blade].
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".

2024/08/23
    Farewell Atsuko Tanaka...(-_-) I never forget epic acting for major Motoko Kusanagi.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kind of defensive skill does sorcerer have?

Quite a few
    - Lightning form gives you major resolve
    - Unstable clannfear is a heal
    - Conjured ward and its variants are shields
    - Bound aegis gives you minor resolve and block mitigation
    - Surge heals as you damage

plus block, dodge roll, not standing in stuff, distance etc and all the different guild/weapon ones.

Edited by etchedpixels on March 12, 2021 12:16AM
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I keep shooting undaunted skill just like MG42 machinegun, but WB

I think 'overtaunting' is still a thing too, so if too many taunts fly around (even if they're all from one player) the mob eventually ignores all of them for a while.

Some mobs are legitimately untauntable, but the majority are tauntable, they simply have special attacks which target randomly. If it's taunted, the boss should come back to you after it finishes its 'random' attack.
    Edited by Fennwitty on March 12, 2021 4:12PM
    PC NA
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    I keep shooting undaunted skill just like MG42 machinegun, but WB

I think 'overtaunting' is still a thing too, so if too many taunts fly around (even if they're all from one player) the mob eventually ignores all of them for a while.

Some mobs are legitimately untauntable, but the majority are tauntable, they simply have special attacks which target randomly. If it's taunted, the boss should come back to you after it finishes its 'random' attack.

Overtaunting, afaik, is only possible by several players now. So if player A taunts, then player B taunts, then player A taunts again, all of that within (iirc) 10 seconds - the boss will be overtaunted and wreck havoc. But if player A is the only one using taunt, he can spam it to his heart's content. Unless that's been changed recently?

Far as that specific boss goes, tbh I don't remember if he's taunt immune or has intauntable attacks or is just bugging out (there are some instances where taunt, especially Undaunted taunt, bugs out) . But I have definitely soloed this WB on my squishy magsorc, so don't worry about this sorc's blood being on your hands ;) You need to be able to look after yourself when tackling WB and not count on someone doing the tanking for you.
    Edited by Magdalina on March 16, 2021 1:08PM
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The number of times I get moaned at by squishies that don't know this in places like Darkshade 2 and Direfrost.

LOL...I just imagined a small room with people sitting on foldout chairs in a circle..."Hi...my names Digi and I'm a squishy...."