Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

49710 days debuff

LightYagami
LightYagami
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi ZOS,

can you please explain what happened with all those 49710 days debuff effects?

3 Burning
1 Poisoned
1 Minor Maim
1 Minor Brittle

are these only visual bugs? I have to log out to remove those debuffs, but I don't want to queue for another hour during prime time to enter Cyrodiil.

https://imgur.com/7Uxgr1G
No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    I've encountered same issue with streak stun. In that case it wasn't just visual as I couldn't sprint or break free. The break free animation played, I lost stam but nothing happened. So if you have a permanent brittle I think it's fairly likely you are taking extra crit damage.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, if you get that debuff from Ball of Lightning, you won't be able to sprint. Also you can't bash anymore - everytime you bash, you will get the break free animation instead including the stamina cost.

You keep it even when you die. Reloadui doesn't help. You need to relog. Best way to do it is to hit Alt-F4 and then log in back again - this gives you the highest chance to still be in Cyrodiil when you have a queue.

I encourage to write bug reports about it. I wrote several bug reports on the Ball of Lightning debuff, however, this is going on for a while now and nothing has been fixed. If more players write reports about it, it might get higher on their priority list.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These decades-long debuffs are common now. I used to see posts about them and everyone agreed they were GUI glitches and didn't impact gameplay. However, I never got one myself.

Since recent patch I'll get hit with a major breach and can confirm it is applying the debuff permanently. Sometimes it fixes if you change zone or use a transitus. Sometimes it resets on death. Sometimes it persists until you logout and back in again.
    Edited by rbfrgsp on March 15, 2021 10:59AM
  • CrustyCroco
    CrustyCroco
    ✭✭✭
    I assume it's connected to debuffs being removed by purge or other skills.
    We raided once with the new patch on the CP campaign with the CP "Cleansing Revival" on some members in the group, i had 11 debuffs stacking on me after not even 2 hours. On no CP in comparison, we rarely get more than 3 debuffs stacked on us.
    Not sure if other conditions are important to make this happen, like some desync for example. Like time when it was applied vs time when it was removed, debuffs being removed at the same time as they are applied.
    Also interesting, that some people have like 11, others don't have any.

upi5b0x0pyt8.png

Edit:
    Most of these don't have any impact, other than being really annoying, cause you never know how many debuffs you really have on you.
    But the streak bug and some others heavily influence the gameplay. Streak causing not being able to sprint, using bash causing you to make the break free animation, even though there is no stun on you and not giving you cc immunity (so double break free happens, draining your stamina). Some debuffs like defile also have a permanent effect on you.
    Edited by CrustyCroco on March 15, 2021 11:25AM
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Defile and Breach affect incoming damage and healing, streak affects your characters movement, skill delay and break free.

I've had a post in the bug forum about these issues for almost 2years now without any reply from ZoS so I wouldn't hold your breath.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it depends on class?

It happens to me a lot on Stamden and also on Magden. A Magden in my regular group had it happen, too.
    1000+ CP

Give me my wings back!
  • MinnesotaKid
    MinnesotaKid
    ✭✭✭
    Happened to me over the weekend...

Poisoned
    Khajit
    NB

Didn't appear to affect me other than visually but wasn't able to clear it yet either.
    MinnesotaKid

• manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Having a bugged status effect causes the survival instincts CP passive to be active all the time.
    - Mojican
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is actually a very old bug (that apparently never got fixed?)
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

• LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot for all the replies. :)

I encountered this bug quite often but usually it's only 1 or 2 effect and I don't care too much, it's the first time I see 6 effects... (a fellow above had 11 effects lmao)

It's really annoying and I hope Zenimax will fix it before the release of Elder Scrolls 7 or Fallout 6... ;)
  • Jayserix
    Jayserix
    ✭✭✭
    Defile and Breach affect incoming damage and healing, streak affects your characters movement, skill delay and break free.

I've had a post in the bug forum about these issues for almost 2years now without any reply from ZoS so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Maybe ZOS has a 49k days debuff preventing them from fixing it ?
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been getting worse lately.

A few months ago I would probably get 1 or 2 bugged effects in a playing session (2-3 hours for me), but now it seem like I have to go to Cheesemonger's after every fight.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • McGordon
    McGordon
    ✭✭✭
    Im stuck with miner vulnerability for 49710 days. lol
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every day I get multiple debuffs that last 49710 days in Grayhost. I have submitted multiple bug reports and have never gotten a single response. These debuffs include Streak, poisoned, burning, Major Defile, Major Vulnerability, Major Maim, Oil and Scattershot siege debuffs. The only way to clear these debilitating debuffs is to leave the cyrodiil instance and come back in. Why hasn't something been done about this or is this another bug that doesn't exist?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by SimonThesis on March 18, 2021 4:12AM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking at the screenshot posted above, it is clear that this is a 32-bit integer underflow.

49710d 6h 28m 02s

In seconds that is:
    (49,710 x 86,400) + (6 x 3600) + (28 x 60) + 2 =
    4,294,967,280 =
    1111 1111 1111 1111 1111 1111 1111 0000

They are using an unsigned 32-bit integer to store the seconds of the debuff duration but somehow something gets subtracted below 0 and since the integer is not singed it is turned into a very large number of seconds.
    shades.gif

• LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Looking at the screenshot posted above, it is clear that this is a 32-bit integer underflow.

49710d 6h 28m 02s

In seconds that is:
    (49,710 x 86,400) + (6 x 3600) + (28 x 60) + 2 =
    4,294,967,280 =
    1111 1111 1111 1111 1111 1111 1111 0000

They are using an unsigned 32-bit integer to store the seconds of the debuff duration but somehow something gets subtracted below 0 and since the integer is not singed it is turned into a very large number of seconds.
    shades.gif

Awesome! I've been concerning why must it be 49710 day 6 hours blah blah blah... You solved my puzzle! :D
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday several players in my group had some of those debuffs on them. Only way to resolve is to log-out and log-in back again. It happens with a highly increased rate recently, possibly since the recent update.

It is very annoying and should get fixed ASAP. Maybe this thread should have been opened in the Bug reports section in addition to your reports in-game.

This is not an UI bug!
    Edited by vesselwiththepestle on March 18, 2021 1:17PM
    1000+ CP

Give me my wings back!
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    you dont need to relog to remove these, going into a delve in cyrodiil fixes them also. It just might take a little while to get out of the delve as a lot of the time it says the instance is full or something like that but it always works if u just keep trying it.
  • AinSoph
    AinSoph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if those debuffs still count towards maarselok...
  • jasonleitch1_ESO
    jasonleitch1_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You can also use Cheesemonger's Hollow (hammer quest location) to fix this bug (and the FPS drop bug). Beware that doing so during primetime may require you to spam the interact button to return to Cyrodiil. The last few days it has only taken around 5 button presses, although I had one time where it took 41 button presses and 7 load screens before finally returning to Cyrodiil. Spam that return button fast.
    PC/NA: Pentar Stonedrake (mag sorc) - Undefined (technically my main)
    PC/NA: Pentora Stonedrake (stam sorc) - Death Huntress (NB hunter / speed build)
  • eternalshockcable
    eternalshockcable
    ✭✭✭
    So the debuff is visual bug from a player(s) you encountered using cheat engine.
    The only way to get the visual bug off your UI is to logout and log back in.
    Do report those that apply it.
    Hope that helps.
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a prevalent bug that still hasnt been fixed or even admitted to exist by the devs. Why arent more people talking about this. This lingering debuff bug affects almost everyone in cyrodiil daily yet nothing seems to be in the works for solving this problem.

Where's the bug fix scheduled for this lingering debuff bug problem?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert

• Mr_Gallows
    Mr_Gallows
    ✭✭✭
    Well... how about those 49k buffs getting stacked?
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a screenshot of how this looks right now:

1ASYvWh.jpg

PS: maybe a mod could move this whole topic into the Bug Report section where it belongs.
    Edited by vesselwiththepestle on June 26, 2021 7:14AM
    1000+ CP

Give me my wings back!
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here's a screenshot of how this looks right now:

1ASYvWh.jpg

Your character's face is just like...

"Really? REALLY?!"
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is known.
    Streak bug, eternal debuffs... are they pretending it's not?
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now as I write I had this debuff coming from Soul Tether, stacked twice, aware of the situation as it happened to me in the past, I had to relog and now I can't log back in because of the queue. Niiiiiiiice <_<
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now as I write I had this debuff coming from Soul Tether, stacked twice, aware of the situation as it happened to me in the past, I had to relog and now I can't log back in because of the queue. Niiiiiiiice <_<

Don't relog. Go through the portal from the Sheogorath Volendrung training quest and right back. The debuffs will be gone.
    1000+ CP

Give me my wings back!
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still happening since March that's over 6 months with no updates, scheduled fixes, or even acknowledgements that this is happening. All we are asking for is an update and eventually a fix. @ZOS_Kevin
    gvh1b1zxx36k.png
    Edited by SimonThesis on September 16, 2021 3:14PM
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going into Cheesemongers grotto or what ever it's called will clear those debuffs and fix sprint bug and a few others.