Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Questions of returning player

CometStrike
CometStrike
✭✭
Hi everyone, I last played ESO about 4 years ago and quit sometime between One Tamriel and Homestead. I read some news about the revamp of the Champion system, checked if my account still exists and am hopelessly lost with all the new stuff, but also totally into the game again.

Questing:
  • one of my favorite activities is questing and exploring the world
  • is there any recommended order for playing all of the DLC content I saw some pretty complicated proposals, some say that you can play it in whatever order you like, some propose to just use the order of release
  • are there any things that I should do first independently of the storylines, like unlocking some new skillines (apparently Jewelry crafting is now a thing)?

Build and Dungeons:
  • I play a Khajiit stamina Nightblade
  • My gear from back then are some pieces of Hundings Rage, Nighmothers Gaze and Agility jewelry. Are there any things I should swap immediately or any that are readily available nowadays if you have a bag full of crafting materials?
  • I saw some guides on alcasthq.com, but even between the Beginner Stamblade, PvE Stamblade and Solo Stamblade there are so many differences that its hard to wrap my head around them all at once while trying to get back an understanding of the game. Is there any simple guide that I should follow first? I already noticed that no matter what I do normal overland content just melts away
  • Are there any way to train a rotation without needing a group? I definately have to get back into my skills and do not want to bother any group with my abysmal playstyle just yet.

Trading:
  • I saw that TTC now gives an overview over trading as a whole, which is great (though it does have statistic drawbacks of course). Are there any addons or apps that build on this in order to get a better idea about price developments or so?
  • I seem to remember that there was a pretty clear order for the Tier of GuildTraders. The highest-selling guilds were at Rawl'Kha, the capitals and Craglorn or Wrothgar (which used to be the only major DLC city). What is the current trader ranking on PC EU? I'd like to get back into trading, but have no idea where to begin :)
PC/EU (AD)
  • kingsirdrmr
    kingsirdrmr
    ✭✭✭
    For a few of your points:

Questing - Never really my thing, but I'd say just do them in order of release, save the Cadwell's silver and gold achievement quests which is every main quest in 2/3 and 3/3 factions. That one takes a while. My order was quest/zone release order since One Tamriel. Story makes perfect sense, even though I haven't done anything in Orsinium or Craglorn. For TES fans who want to do quests (including dungeons, raids, and PvP story quests) in chronological order, there's a very extensive quest guide on the ESO subreddit.

Many people who main PvP do the Psijic Order quest line to get the abilities. It does take a while, though. Jewelry Crafting has no quest line, just the single tutorial. Both of these require Summerset. Antiquities also has no dedicated quest line and requires Greymoor. It's good for getting unique furniture pieces and a relaxing lifeskills activity. The other expansions unlock the Warden and Necromancer. Buying the expansions is a better deal than buying the classes solo if you want to play the quests. If you don't want to buy every single DLC, prioritize owning expansions and zones on sales and play the rest of the DLC content via a month of ESO+.

Builds and Dungeons - You can run any class on any race on any build. Most people don't care and the passives aren't enough to matter for anything other than min/maxing. As for builds, one-bar builds are petty popular with casuals and beginners. If you're trying to ease your way back into combat, there's quite a few of them on youtube. You can keep your current armor. A full set of Hundings Rage is still an all-round great set and the agility pieces you have will work for all overland and non-vet difficulty content.

Trading: I use ArkadiusTradeTools as my MasterMerchant replacement (MM is very resource-intensive) and TTC's website for finding specific items. Generally, pairing ATT or MM with TTC gets you all the data you need (still check TTC's website for certain motif pages and furnishings. Some of them go for crazy money but don't appear on trade tools because of low sales volume). The top trading guilds tend to be in the newest expansion zone, but the "most full" and highest-selling guilds are in the expansion zones > the capital cities > Rawl'Kha.
    For the Queen! | PC/NA, Cyrodiil, IC, Quests, CP 2000+[*] Tyaminal-rabi | Khajiiti Sorceress [*] Vita-rabi | Khajiiti Warden werewolf[*] Dr Good-and-Sexy | Argonian Warden[*] the Southern Mare | Redguard Necromancer[*] Sally Two-Horns | Orsimer Nightblade
  • BisDasBlutGefriert
    BisDasBlutGefriert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quest order: (if you want to do them in story order)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/413807/what-order-should-i-do-esos-story-arcs-a-guide#latest

Training rotation:
    The easiest way to do this for me was to collect all of the pieces of The Precursor to have in my house to mess around with.
    Here's the link for finding all of the pieces and getting the quest.
    https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/The+Precursor#:~:text=The Precursor is a quest,in The Elder Scrolls Online.
    Edited by BisDasBlutGefriert on March 14, 2021 12:29PM
    ~There’s a positive in every negative. Sometimes the positive is harder to find than other times, but there is ALWAYS one there~
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to follow the story arc, see this thread. Someone posted a nice flow chart that might help

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/413807/what-order-should-i-do-esos-story-arcs-a-guide#latest

Overland Content can be beaten by just about any build out there. So, go have fun with what you have. Don't stress the min max thing. That mostly only applies to Vet Trials, Vet Dungeon Hardmode type stuff.

You can hone your rotation on one of the many training dummies in your house. Or, you may join a guild that has these dummies. A few of the dummies you can get for fee with doing some content.

Is your goal to game the economy? Or, just make some gold shedding your excess gear? I am in two casual guilds that sometimes get a Kiosk, sometimes they don't. I sell everything I list. A lot of overland set pieces sell in the range of 99 to 199 gold, even for trash items, like Melee weapons on Magic Sets. Reason is the Sticker Book which lets you collect sets without hanging on to the actual set pieces. (although I do still keep the favorable traited items on the sets I use).

So, if you just want shed excess inventory for gold, don't sweat the economy. You will make more than enough gold to finance your game activities doing overland content.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• CometStrike
    CometStrike
    ✭✭
    Thanks everyone, that helps to get going :)
    PC/EU (AD)