The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

"Booted from Server" -- Why? Just for working at Alchemy?

ProfesseurFreder
ProfesseurFreder
✭✭✭✭✭
Mac user, NA server.

This is the second day in a row that I've been booted from the server, and all I've been doing is mixing various reagents in alchemy, trying to learn all the traits and complete the daily crafting quest with a low-level character.

I don't see anything in the "known issues" notes about this, and searching the forums is turning out to be less than useless. I don't understand why I'm being booted. Is this yet another patch bug?
"Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
-- William Faulkner.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Man, bugs are popping up everywhere. I am not trying to be rude towards the people working on the game, I am sure they work their bottoms off but I cant even recall the last early alpha game that had this many bugs. It's pretty bad right now.

I just made a post about a bug in spindle clutch I. Players are getting rooted/frozen in place. You cant move, dodge, shoot or anything. Character animation is frozen.

There is also an issue with abilties not going off. It took me 4 back to back key presses to get my ult to launch. It was funny. It did not go off until the boss died. I had already resumed a normal rotation at that point.

Talk about odd.
    Options
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was having server problems today, it was clearly on the ZoS side as other games weren't having an issue.
    Options
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to equip that free skin they gave us that looks like you suffered an explosion since some concoction you made with Alchemy blew up the game 🤣 🧪 💥
    Options
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In thinking about it some more, there seem to be additional bugs in Alchemy that I wasn't focussing on because I was getting booted: Even though I finally did get the "Botanist" achievement on the character, the interface is telling me that I'm "missing reagents / traits" necessary to complete the daily quest. This is not true: but the interface won't allow me to craft with those reagents. The character is above proper level of alchemy required to craft the item, but the "craft" button won't highlight or allow me to push it: much like the similar bug that won't allow us to interact with furniture anymore.

Maybe my getting booted is a consequence of that bug? (Probably a stupid guess on my part). . .

This update was a Hot Mess, apparently. The consequence of working on complicated software from home? Would not want to be in ZOS's shoes right now. . .
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
    Options
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've been getting booted a lot since the patch. It's not exactly frequent, but it's never happened before. Normally it's when I'm in a dungeon - I got d/c'd once in CoAII (which was right after one of the DPS d/c'd as well), I know I hit one in Gloomreach delve while fighting the boss there, and I got hit a few times in nVH as well (but not during a boss fight)
    Options
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was getting ready to opt in for a three-month hitch with ESO Plus -- but now? Whoosh, not until this Hot Mess is sorted out!
    -- William Faulkner.
    Options
  • Taggund
    Taggund
    ✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me multiple times when leveling alchemy and enchanting to 50. I would then get an error code when knocked off and trying to log back in, and I would have to wait 10-15 minutes before getting back in. This was before the last patch. I have not faced it at any other time in crafting, just during these leveling sessions.

I think it has to do just getting caught by some check they have to prevent exploits, since I was spending a good amount of time on the station just executing the commands repeatedly. I did google the error code I was receiving, and that seemed to be the explanation provided by others.
    Options
  • what_the
    what_the
    ✭✭✭
    Mac user, NA server.

This is the second day in a row that I've been booted from the server, and all I've been doing is mixing various reagents in alchemy, trying to learn all the traits and complete the daily crafting quest with a low-level character.

I don't see anything in the "known issues" notes about this, and searching the forums is turning out to be less than useless. I don't understand why I'm being booted. Is this yet another patch bug?

This exact thing happened to me just now...
    Options
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This bug was happening slightly with the release of Markarth, but from the sounds of it - it's happening more and more. I'd definitely hold off on the sub until ZoS gets a lot of this stuff fixed.
    Options
  • PurpleScroll
    PurpleScroll
    ✭✭✭✭
    This one also got booted from the server for trying to learn alchemy. Normal pace too, using UESP as a guide.
    Options
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So how many of you were really brewing skooma?
    Options
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been seeing this bug since Harrowstorm. It might be older than that. I haven't done much alchemy leveling since I bought my last two characters when Elsweyr dropped.
    Options
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 months on and still happening I'm afraid :(

just levelled 2 chars in Alchemy and got booted to server on exit on the first and half way through the process on the 2nd.

Had to wait about 10 mins to log back in on both occasions.

Options
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was at SCP final boss 1 percent left, i thought only me the bad luck...
    When I came back 15 mins later, my group wasnt disband, I realized all of us went dc...

I didnt rage bc I dont expect much
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mac user, NA server.

Got it twice on one alt, avoided it on second by breaking it up a bit.
    As I understand its an old bug but people don't research alchemy that often.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still happening. @ZOS_GinaBruno any chances of a fix. I've leveled 16 other characters without issue but my latest I made about 25 mixtures and got booted. I'm now unable to log back in.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
    Options
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just break it up a bit. Every 5 levels back out and let the Alchemy bar catch up. That is how I avoid the "booted from server" deal on all of my toons.
    PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
    Options
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lixiviant wrote: »
    Just break it up a bit. Every 5 levels back out and let the Alchemy bar catch up. That is how I avoid the "booted from server" deal on all of my toons.

It also happens from researching traits. It's not just from leveling. Happened to me today. Got booted just after finding all traits for Dragonthorn.
    Options
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep getting booted for "spam messaging" when emptying my mail box each day
    Options
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was most likely your internet connection.
    Options
  • FrumpyCourage
    FrumpyCourage
    ✭✭
    Yeah - was doing Alchemy when being booted just now with Error 307...

so it's an Alchemy thing?
    "You insisted on fighting, do not resent me for dying."
    Options
  • FrumpyCourage
    FrumpyCourage
    ✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    I keep getting booted for "spam messaging" when emptying my mail box each day

That's a conflict with your addons that causes that - had the same problem a while ago till I changed over to using Postmaster

hth
    "You insisted on fighting, do not resent me for dying."
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this thread is now a few months old and pertains to an old login issue, the thread will now be closed. If you are running into a recent issue please feel free to start a new discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.