Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Login error

shimm
shimm
✭✭✭✭
So... a neat new error this morning on PC-NA, it says ‘login failed. Your username or password may be incorrect or inactive at this time. If you purchased the game through steam or stadia, please start the game on that platform”

Of course, I’m playing from the ESO launcher not steam or stadia...
Edited by ZOS_Bill on March 14, 2021 6:17PM
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You're not alone. Same error. @ZOS_GinaBruno

Edited by phairdon on March 14, 2021 11:27AM
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shimm wrote: »
    So... a neat new error this morning on PC-NA, it says ‘login failed. Your username or password may be incorrect or inactive at this time. If you purchased the game through steam or stadia, please start the game on that platform”

Of course, I’m playing from the ESO launcher not steam or stadia...

I got same problem here. 2021/03/14
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • JR_Returns
    JR_Returns
    ✭✭✭
    Same here as well. Kicked from the game and can't login again.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same issue here, NA PC.

Managed to get past that briefly and was put in a queue (seriously queuing to log in is happening a lot to me recently, I have paid a lot of money over the years to play this game or buy stuff, spend some of it on server capacity so I don't have to queue) then got error 301.

NA PC, cannot log in. Not a Steam or Stadia version.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • HumbleThaumaturge
    HumbleThaumaturge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Getting that error. Also got 30 second wait in lobby. Also got into log-in sequence to character selection screen, only to have game crash. Guess they are having some problems.
  • Cor_
    Cor_
    ✭✭
    Yep I got logged out and now can't log in. Not steam of stadia. Just normal PC version.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happened twice today. Happened three times this week. Maybe ZOS should reconsider not doing maintenance this Monday and look at addressing this sooner rather than later.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Eclana
    Eclana
    ✭✭
    Happened to me as well, happens on both PC NA and EU now. After a failed login queue, now managed to get back in game.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same. I'm having the same issue.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    happened two times already while we were in BG

Login fail, then login put us in queue, and we could play fine until this second time.

And now its Login time out followed by a queue to enter the game for 3min

Hope the server will work fine after that
    My most recent characters
    AD - Columba nera NB
    --Gran'ma is away from the game for resting after Covid and 9 teeth removed as she is totally knocked down -
  • Madhojo
    Madhojo
    ✭✭✭
    Same here PS4-NA, I just wanted to do my crafting lol
  • Crazyprophet
    Crazyprophet
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. Kicked me out 10 mins ish ago, can't get back in. It happened about 3 hours ago too.

Steam version for me
    Edited by Crazyprophet on March 14, 2021 11:33AM
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same issue. Got disconnected, can´t log back in. PC-NA, standard launcher. Not Stadia or Steam.
  • oddbasket
    oddbasket
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry guys. I've fixed it again. This time, I plugged in my headphones and turn the volume to the max and then placed them on my sleeping brother's head and the servers came back up. You can all log in again now.
  • ZNem
    ZNem
    ✭✭
    Logged in at the 5th try... rolledback a few actions
  • ArgoCye
    ArgoCye
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup - couldn’t login for 5 minutes - then when I got back in, 10 minutes and my ps4 pro crashed. Turned itself off, lol. Lucky I wasn’t doing anything difficult like vet Vateshrans or anything.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Back to allocating CP....prays.....
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Mycelius
    Mycelius
    ✭✭✭
    Server/game stability seems worse than yesterday.
    - Disconnects for players across the guilds I'm in. Several times within last couple of hours.
    - Sometimes login queue issues popped up as well, which means we couldnt log back in.
    - Long login process and long loading screens.

Non-Steam
    I repeat NON-STEAM, so please don't lump this as a Steam issue and kick this to PC Technical forum.
    The players with me in the dungeon when we got all kicked out of server are not Steam users either.

PC-NA
    Non-Steam
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Earlier today there were some issues affecting the ESO servers on all platforms that led to login issues for a short time. This issue is now resolved and players should be able to log back in. With multiple threads on this topic we've decided to close this one. Further discussion can take place in this thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.