Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

UI Mod to add more Hotbar slots?

Ethnod
Ethnod
Before we start, Never played WoW it was ***, MMO's for the lowest common denominator so please dont start talking about that game.
In my opinion, and I know in the opinion of a huge amount of other players, 5+1 is just too restrictive. I have 1 weapon skill tree, one Class tree and I am still restricted.
I get what ESO are trying to do and its good just needs tweaking.

So, to that end. Is there a UImod/Addon out there that allows me to have ... lets say 6+1? 8+1 Hotbar slots? anything like that?
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's usually better to just speak for yourself, instead of this fabricated 'huge amount of other players'.

In answer to your question, no there is no mod that lets you bypass the core design behind active skill choices. I'm not sure why you would think there would be.
  • Ethnod
    Ethnod
    Shimond wrote: »
    It's usually better to just speak for yourself, instead of this fabricated 'huge amount of other players'.

In answer to your question, no there is no mod that lets you bypass the core design behind active skill choices. I'm not sure why you would think there would be.
    For one cause I read the forums, talk to players, friends and guild members. Its just a fact, there are a lot of people out there that feel its too restrictive. You clearly dont and nether do a lot of people. but %? ... I dont care, dont want to get into it.

As for why I thought there might be? Cause there might be, I'd rather know if I have that option or not... not that complicated a concept to graps.

I do however appreciate your passive aggressive attempt at helping
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just responding to the tone of the OP, really.
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    While some would agree with the design being too restrictive, others would counter with it adding strategy to your spec.

To answer the question, you cant get more than 5+1, but there is an add on that will change your spells for you when out of combat, making it easier to change setups so to speak.
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given that any such addon would essentially be cheating, no.

Addons provide quality of life changes, not direct gameplay advantages.
    Edited by ThatHappyCat on April 10, 2014 7:02PM
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know that once you reach lvl 15 you will be able to switch weapon set+skills with 1 key? That is 10+2 not 5+1 and is enough for every situation.

You dont need all your skills on bars ready for use. Learn to know when to use what, for example burst heal on heavy hitting boss, HOTs for easier fights, cleanse in PVP, taunts when need to tank/offtank, fire damage for mobs weak to this kind of damage, silver bullets from Fighters Guild for deadra and undead so on so on.
    You can switch skills on bars any time out of combat, so it can be done several
    times during 1 dungeon run.
    About weapon switch: if you want to use just 1 kind of weapon you can, just slot 2 same set/type of weapons in both slots(2 destruction staff or 2 bows, or 2xdual daggers) and then add 12 skills for this one weapon type. Mentioned that as its common question in game.
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ethnod wrote: »
    Before we start, Never played WoW it was ***, MMO's for the lowest common denominator so please dont start talking about that game.
    In my opinion, and I know in the opinion of a huge amount of other players, 5+1 is just too restrictive. I have 1 weapon skill tree, one Class tree and I am still restricted.
    I get what ESO are trying to do and its good just needs tweaking.

So, to that end. Is there a UImod/Addon out there that allows me to have ... lets say 6+1? 8+1 Hotbar slots? anything like that?

That would be cheating and bannable
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mortuum wrote: »
    You know that once you reach lvl 15 you will be able to switch weapon set+skills with 1 key? That is 10+2 not 5+1 and is enough for every situation.

Good point, I wasn't thinking he might just not be aware of that. Since he's asking for 6-8 anyway, that should do him fine.
  • eternaltorment
    Mortuum wrote: »
    You dont need all your skills on bars ready for use.

You can switch skills on bars any time out of combat, so it can be done several
    times during 1 dungeon run.

So you can't have all the spells visible at once? And how would that be cheating? The ability to see your spells all at once and use them isn't cheating. Limiting to five and the other two, one on the left and the other on the right is poor UI design.

Why should we have to switch skills out of combat? That just slows you down. And it's poor design.
    Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4GHz - 4.5GHz
    Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming
    Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR4
    Gigabyte Radeon RX 7900 XTX Gaming OC 24G
    SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital
    Stadium USBPRO
    Coolermaster Tempest GP27Q 165Hz (1ms)
    AOC Agon AG271QX 144Hz (1ms)
    Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 500GB
    Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD 1TB
    Samsung 840 ProSeries SSD 256GB
    Silicon Power A55 4TB 2.5" SATA III 3D NAND SSD x2
    Corsair RM 750x 750Watt PSU
    Noctua NH-U12A
    Antec P20C ARGB Mid Tower
    Razer Goliathus Control Mouse Pad
    Cyborg R.A.T. 8+
    ADATA XPG Summoner RGB - Cherry Silver
    Win11 x64
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

We have gone ahead and closed this thread down since it is rather old. Please keep in mind that sometimes it is better to create a new topic, instead of replying in one that was posted a while ago.

Thanks for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.