Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Heavy attack stamsorc

Udrath
Udrath
✭✭✭✭
Be a stamsorc and use these sets with crystal weapon:

dw/2h

Sergeants mail
undaunted inflitrator - way of fire - torugs pact w/infused weapons - knight slayer
Malacath - Torc - Wild hunt - Or use engine guardian
Vateshraan 2h

Anyone else killing people in 1 second?
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam Sorcs have been capable of "1-shot builds" for a while now, with several different set options, but changes this patch have made it more prevalent than ever. While I haven't personally played Stam Sorc since before Battlegrounds even existed, I've seen quite a few of these builds around, and they're one of the most annoying things to try fighting against as a class that has 0 chance of actually running one down. 'Course, if they're using Ball of Lightning they can even reset fights while staying in my range and LOS.

That said, most of the 1-shotters that I see aren't really using heavy attacks (at least not fully charged ones). The "medium" attacks themselves can certainly do a bit of damage, but it's mostly used to trigger Crystal Weapon and the Vateshran 2h proc simultaneously, oftentimes layered with an off-GCD stun and immediately followed by a Dawnbreaker (if necessary). Stacked with weapon enchant procs and sets like Way of Fire + Ashen Grip, the burst damage is really absurd.
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Stam Sorcs have been capable of "1-shot builds" for a while now, with several different set options, but changes this patch have made it more prevalent than ever. While I haven't personally played Stam Sorc since before Battlegrounds even existed, I've seen quite a few of these builds around, and they're one of the most annoying things to try fighting against as a class that has 0 chance of actually running one down. 'Course, if they're using Ball of Lightning they can even reset fights while staying in my range and LOS.

That said, most of the 1-shotters that I see aren't really using heavy attacks (at least not fully charged ones). The "medium" attacks themselves can certainly do a bit of damage, but it's mostly used to trigger Crystal Weapon and the Vateshran 2h proc simultaneously, oftentimes layered with an off-GCD stun and immediately followed by a Dawnbreaker (if necessary). Stacked with weapon enchant procs and sets like Way of Fire + Ashen Grip, the burst damage is really absurd.

Perfectly said. I suppose the only thing we can do is to counter this is jack the prices up on way of fire. :lol: No clue how people are going to be able to deal with these builds, especially new players. Can't heal through it, can't block through it or roll dodge away cause all it takes is one streak stun. A least its not in cyrodiil....
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This patch has high damage and even higher healing, which means massive upfront burst is really the only way to consistently secure kills. I’d say a properly built one shotting Stam sorc is currently the best build you can run in bgs. In previous patches heavy attack Stam Dks had the closest thing to a one shot build but now Stam sorcs do it just as well if not better due to mobility. Way of fire and undaunted infiltrator are the two best pure burst proc sets for Stam in bgs and when combined with vate 2h and infused weapon enchants you get endless one shots. The build is even great in premade organized games because it’s one of the only thing that can secure kills through the insanely overpowered healing. It’s a heal/speed/burst meta
    Ali Dreadsabre -Necromancer
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Udrath wrote: »
    wheem_ESO wrote: »

Perfectly said. I suppose the only thing we can do is to counter this is jack the prices up on way of fire. :lol: No clue how people are going to be able to deal with these builds, especially new players. Can't heal through it, can't block through it or roll dodge away cause all it takes is one streak stun. A least its not in cyrodiil....

i have been struggling with these builds in bg or a while but u definately can overcome it and counter if u rly want to by tweaking ur own build. however sorc was and is still on a good spot. their skillset has an answer to everything basicly.
    Edited by Noctus on March 14, 2021 10:49PM
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wow die meisten deutschen die ich kenne haben einen bemerkbaren akzent.... du hast absolut keinen.