The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

No Proc Cyrodiil: not coming to Consoles next Week?

Seraphayel
Seraphayel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Title says it all.

In Gina‘s statement she wrote that they don’t have an ETA for some of the proc set changes on console yet and I don’t know what she was referring to.

Will consoles still have proc set Cyrodiil after the arrival of U29 next week? Or do get proc sets turned off in Cyrodiil and the ETA was for something else?

Can anyone clarify this? Maybe even @ZOS_GinaBruno
Thanks to everyone for participating in this latest Cyrodiil test where we disabled all proc sets. Similar to what many of you have noted in your feedback, we found this test did not impact performance in a measurable amount; if anything, there was a very slight degradation of performance at times, likely due to a higher population of players in Cyrodiil.

We’ve heard from a lot of you that despite performance largely being the same, disabling proc sets has breathed new life into PvP gameplay and has made fights more enjoyable and fun. To that end, we’ll be leaving proc sets disabled until Update 31 launches in Q3. At that point, we will have implemented some new code so we can have more flexibility to campaign rulesets as it applies to proc sets. We’ll work on applying all this to consoles as well, and we’ll let you know when we have a date for this starting.

Now that we’ve had time to digest a lot of data and information, we have a better idea of next steps and the work needed to produce noticeable improvements to performance in Cyrodiil. This work is complex and will take a fair amount of time and effort. We are committed to improving the PvP experience, though, and we have already begun scheduling out this work. Please note that none of the scheduled work will implement any of the changes we made on PC during past tests, and at this time we don’t plan to run any additional tests.

When Update 29 launches on Monday for PC, we’ll be turning off double AP but proc sets will remain disabled as mentioned above. We appreciate the time everyone spent in Cyrodiil during these tests and all the feedback that’s been submitted.

Edited by Seraphayel on March 9, 2021 9:25PM
PS5
EU
Aldmeri Dominion
- Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Madhojo
    Madhojo
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure it goes live tomorrow 0900
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    following.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Madhojo wrote: »
    Pretty sure it goes live tomorrow 0900

U29 launches next week on consoles so that’s the earliest date I would expect it.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to know what to expect as a console player next week.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, nobody knows about this?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't know. Could be next week, could be in a couple of months, could be that the idea is trashed before it ever hits console.
    I guess we'll know at some point, probably with a few days notice to get ready.
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully they make an announcement when it comes to console. Unless they already did and it's on page 30 of some random post.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    p.gif

His name was Robert Procset, His name was Robert Procset, His name...

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope soon.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on March 11, 2021 1:42AM
  • SHOW
    SHOW
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. we would like clarity here:

Will CONSOLES get the no-proc cyrodiil in U29?

(I hope so lol)
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea why ZOS isn’t just clarifying this. They should know if it’s coming next week or not and we as a player should be informed about it.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still following... :|
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    I have no idea why ZOS isn’t just clarifying this. They should know if it’s coming next week or not and we as a player should be informed about it.

I also feel that they should know, given it's their product, but as of three days ago they had no date yet.

Part of the hurdle is likely the timing of the certification process. Recently they have made a few comments about trying to figure out whether they can get some fixes into patches, so it seems that even they aren't sure what they can fit in when as it applies to their updates. They would have to decide amongst themselves whether to try to implement this on console with Update 29 or wait until later, and then if they determined they wanted to try, they would have to contact Microsoft (I mean Xbox, so like their extended corporate family? something like that) and Sony to see if it could be inserted this late in the process. I would imagine that the people responsible for certification would have the final word as to whether to accept a change like that during review or make ZOS submit it as part of a later patch.
    Hopefully they make an announcement when it comes to console. Unless they already did and it's on page 30 of some random post.

The Dev Tracker is useful for picking out posts like that, of which there have been a few related to this no-proc ruleset issue (currently on page 2 of the tracker):

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/tracker

It does not include basic rules-enforcing moderation posts, so it means you don't have to keep checking threads with a "Z" next to them only to discover it was a mod instead of a CM.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand that console patches might need a bit more prep time, but I think console players should be informed about this. I mean if it’s not coming with U29 next week it won’t come until U30 if at all.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • spotzhopz
    spotzhopz
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it would be nice if they would communicate better about when the change is gonna come to console
  • MrDenimChicken
    MrDenimChicken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I wanna know....should I still be farming for flame blossom? lol....
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, everyone has just been assuming it will happen with the update, but ZOS never actually specified. Would be really nice to know when we should expect this.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even need an exact date...is it expected in the next month, 2 months, 3 months? Just ballpark it. They must have at least some idea.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crickets
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The update is likely to drop before we get a response to this thread at this point.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice , can't wait B)
  • SHOW
    SHOW
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Hi, can you clarify please?

Thank you
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    200.gif
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Yes, we can confirm this change will be coming to consoles on Tuesday with U29 launch. We also just provided an update to our plan for proc sets in Cyrodiil in this thread.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, we can confirm this change will be coming to consoles on Tuesday with U29 launch. We also just provided an update to our plan for proc sets in Cyrodiil in this thread.

Thanks for the speedy clarification, now we in console land can plan accordingly
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you very much for the clarification!
    Edited by Seraphayel on March 12, 2021 4:42PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep that's exactly what they did with the changes to healing and group size. I looked through the patch notes like 4 times and since I couldn't find anything about it I was convinced they messed up the PS update.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah well, at least my golded out proc-set build still works on BGs easily enough.
  • SHOW
    SHOW
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno Thank You!!!! :)
    Edited by SHOW on March 12, 2021 7:03PM