The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Lorebook fix

TrofoHawk
TrofoHawk
✭✭✭
Hey.

I was just wondering, again... when will you ever fix the lorebook named: Tome of the Undaunted? (The version that is not signed, as you join the Undaunted it becomes signed)

But even before you join, it cannot be read, so on behalf of everyone who have spent years looking for it, I'm now asking for when will it be fixed? As we know it is broken and has been for roughly 4 years or more.

Yours truly 😊
Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on March 12, 2021 1:51PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seconded through nineteenthed (one for each of my 18 bugged AD characters).
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twentiethed. Just because I wanted to say "Twentiethed".

It's not a huge thing for me personally but a lot of people are completionists and having one lorebook sticking out like a sore thumb in the middle of totally healthy thumbs in a field of thumbs (which is kinda weird itself) can be quite annoying.
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What set of lorebooks is the Tome of the Undaunted a part of? And does it not count as having read it once you sign it? My Lorebooks add-on doesn’t have a symbol on the map for it (not that it couldn’t be mistaken).
  • TrofoHawk
    TrofoHawk
    ✭✭✭
    What set of lorebooks is the Tome of the Undaunted a part of? And does it not count as having read it once you sign it? My Lorebooks add-on doesn’t have a symbol on the map for it (not that it couldn’t be mistaken).

It`s in the Handbills, Posters, and Decrees, in two different versions.
    The one that is noted with "signed" and the one without.
    The one with, can be read, but currently only in Elden Root on Xbox, EU and NA. Mournhold and Wayrest are unreadable ( and yes, tried on several characters, both before and after joining Undaunted, on all 3 alliances.

The one asked about is the one that is supposed to be read before you join the Undaunted, but it has been tested on both Xbox EU/NA and PC EU/NA, with characters of all 3 alliances and both before and after joining the Undaunted.

For me personally it is really annoying having a day 1 ( console ) character with only 1 book unread, and it never gets fixed.
    Other books have been fixed, certain riddle fragment books in Murkmire, Pearl Research Notes in Summerset etc, but not this one.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey folks,

We appreciate you all taking the time to provide your reports. We wanted to let you know that this is a known issue with Tome of the Undaunted and we are investigating a fix. Thank you for your patience!
    Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on March 12, 2021 1:54PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please please please find that fix for the UNSIGNED version. It is the only book (except some motifs) that I have been unable to read due to it being bugged
  • TrofoHawk
    TrofoHawk
    ✭✭✭
    Hey folks,

We appreciate you all taking the time to provide your reports. We wanted to let you know that this is a known issue with Tome of the Undaunted and we are investigating a fix. Thank you for your patience!

I have noticed and experienced over 15 lorebooks being fixed over the 4 year span, that this lorebook is ignored. I was even banned from Facebook for asking about a fix to it.
    I have sent over 100 tickets in 2020 alone for a fix to it, and it is being ignored.

And your response is the same I have received every time I`ve asked for a fix these four years...

Please actually do something about it, if lore actually means anything to you... without demanding Crowns for it....