The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorcerer overload health desync

Daffen
Daffen
✭✭✭✭
This issue is brought up, once again. Overload is known for its desyncing capabilities and its almost as if its a feature now.

Lets begin with the basics,

What is overload?
Overload is a sorcerer ultimate that replaces your light/heavy attacks with more powerful lightning bolts

What is a health desync?
A health desync is when your character shows up as having 100% hp while you only have 10%. Other players see your real health while you only see yourself at 100%

What causes health desyncs?
There is alot of issues that cause health desyncs, some of them are: snipe (bow skill line), guard (support skill line), overload (storm calling skill line).

How do i know if i am desynced?
An easy way to tell if your health bar is desynced is by taking damage and seeing if your health bar moves or not, if it does you are good, if it doesnt you are not.

How do i get rid of my health desync?
Easiest way to fix it is to die, but noone likes dying and the only other way is taking enough damage so your health bar starts moving again.

Me and my friend were dueling on the live server a couple minutes ago and i got a health desync, so we tried fighting again while he was killing me to see if we could replicate the bug. The bug only happened when my friend was using the overload ultimate, without overload my health bar was working perfectly.

Heres the short video i made of my health desyncing from overload.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-7rV9o0d1Y
Edited by Daffen on October 31, 2020 11:07PM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes happens to me now and then when I play my nb and I've had whispers in cyrodiil that ppl get desynced from my overload quite often when I play my sorc. This is an old bug that ZOS dont rly have on their radar to fix, same as with shieldbug (when you cast your shield , but the shield doesnt really apply to you)

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the heads-up.

may want to @ a dev or cm
    Edited by Wolfpaw on November 1, 2020 12:44AM
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am generally scared to even consider using Overload in PvP due to reading older threads that stated people got banned due to some esoteric exploit that players could accidentally trigger.

I don't even know what the exploit is/was but I've never wanted to run the risk.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    overload + elem weapon does cause hp desync every time
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am generally scared to even consider using Overload in PvP due to reading older threads that stated people got banned due to some esoteric exploit that players could accidentally trigger.

I don't even know what the exploit is/was but I've never wanted to run the risk.

Don't worry, their game monitoring went down a lot, just try sending a ticket, you will see what I mean.
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Any acknowledgement of this issue yet?
    Do you know it is in the game and are you working on a fix?

Its very frustating to die when you have 100% hp because of a bug.

We know that it is overload + elemental weapon that is causing the health desync.
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Daffen wrote: »
    This issue is brought up, once again. Overload is known for its desyncing capabilities and its almost as if its a feature now.

Lets begin with the basics,

What is overload?
    Overload is a sorcerer ultimate that replaces your light/heavy attacks with more powerful lightning bolts

What is a health desync?
    A health desync is when your character shows up as having 100% hp while you only have 10%. Other players see your real health while you only see yourself at 100%

There is alot of issues that cause health desyncs, some of them are: snipe (bow skill line), guard (support skill line), overload (storm calling skill line).

How do i know if i am desynced?
    An easy way to tell if your health bar is desynced is by taking damage and seeing if your health bar moves or not, if it does you are good, if it doesnt you are not.

How do i get rid of my health desync?
    Easiest way to fix it is to die, but noone likes dying and the only other way is taking enough damage so your health bar starts moving again.

Me and my friend were dueling on the live server a couple minutes ago and i got a health desync, so we tried fighting again while he was killing me to see if we could replicate the bug. The bug only happened when my friend was using the overload ultimate, without overload my health bar was working perfectly.

Heres the short video i made of my health desyncing from overload.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-7rV9o0d1Y

Desynch is a massive issue in this game.
    It's a killer in endgame when you get desynch on your block.

This is pretty wild though.. Your character had a heart attack mid jump lol.

This game needs so serious help performance wise.
  • Ganj
    Ganj
    ✭✭✭

I dont believe anyone got banned because of that. Still most of the sorcerers using that very well and you can see them everyday. Doesnt matter how many tickets you send.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daffen wrote: »
    There is alot of issues that cause health desyncs, some of them are: snipe ....
    Edited by Gilvoth on March 12, 2021 12:30AM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this thread information is outdated, this new patch fixed the snipe dysinc.
    the snipe issue has been fixed.
    snipe was re-writen and now performs without that dysinc.
    Edited by Gilvoth on March 12, 2021 12:30AM