The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Sealed Letter book still not fixed (more than one year)

Dragonnord
Dragonnord
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
This book has been reported for more than a year now and it's still not fixed.

I have reported it 2 times already (this is the 3rd time I'm doing it), other players reported it a lot of times too, we have tagged @ZOS_GinaBruno several times and also other members from ZOS but nothing yet.

Other books, bugged and reported AFTER this one, got fixed (meaning a copy was added to be obtained after quest is completed). How can this be? Why books reported after were fixed but not this one?

So, this one, called Sealed Letter, is a book/note from Dragonguard's Legacy quest that, if you didn't read it during the quest, you can't read it again.

It's also the quest starter (picked up from Crown Store) for the same quest.

In my case, I picked it up from the Crown Store (more than one year ago) but it just didn't register in Eidetic Memory.

Grouping with someone that is doing the quest doesn't work (the book shows only for the player, not for you).

ZOS needs to put Sealed Letter somewhere in Tamriel so it can be read again after the quest is completed.

Please! It's been reported countless times already.
Edited by Dragonnord on February 21, 2021 4:12PM
SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed this is very annoying. Hopefully a fix comes out soon, I am also missing “the undaunted need you” which was available during the undaunted event and now has seemingly disappeared
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried it in the bug report section of the forum?
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

Yes, opened on July 2020 - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/540113/zos-please-fix-sealed-letter-book-note

Still, nothing.

Edited by Dragonnord on February 21, 2021 4:25PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

There’s a very long thread (two very long threads actually) in Bug Reports about Eidetic Memory bugs.

No books have been fixed in the past three updates, if I remember right.

Tome of the Undaunted has been bugged for over four years now. Countless reports, Support tickets, etc.

They just seem uninterested. Any way of trying to reach out gets sent to those threads in Bug Reports, where it’s promptly ignored.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom is there any updates for this book? Will it be added on next patch?
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Please. Is there any updates for this book? Will it be added on next patch?
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »
    @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Please. Is there any updates for this book? Will it be added on next patch?

The patch notes for Flames of Ambition/Update 29 have included no lorebook fixes so far. They could always surprise us with a last-minute fix on Monday, but barring that it isn't looking too good.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLamber @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_SarahHecker @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Could you please take a minute to provide a response here? Please guys.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey there @Dragonnord

We appreciate you reporting this issue and we wanted to let you know that we are aware of it and investigating a fix. Thank you for your patience here.
    Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on March 11, 2021 3:04PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey there @Dragonnord

We appreciate you reporting this issue and we wanted to let you know that we are aware of it and investigating a fix. Thank you for your patience here.

Thank you for responding!!!!! Glad to know you finally got the message. :)
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they fixed it ages ago, or was that another sealed letter that was a quest starter for Dragonguard? Check out where Abnur Tharn is in Grahtwood, up the northern end near the daily spot.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    aussie500 wrote: »
    I thought they fixed it ages ago, or was that another sealed letter that was a quest starter for Dragonguard? Check out where Abnur Tharn is in Grahtwood, up the northern end near the daily spot.

That one you mentioned is another different book.
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Tome of the Undaunted has been bugged for over four years now. Countless reports, Support tickets, etc.
    How can this be? Why books reported after were fixed but not this one?

• Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tim99 wrote: »

They fixed Tome of the Undaunted (I grabbed it during the last Undaunted event - resting near the Undaunted tent).

It got bugged again though (meaning it disappeared after the event was over). But they fixed it, just that it got bugged again (like several books that after a patch get bugged - who knows why).

So ZOS needs to fix that book again.

Edited by Dragonnord on March 12, 2021 2:19PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    tim99 wrote: »

They fixed Tome of the Undaunted (I grabbed it during the last Undaunted event - resting near the Undaunted tent).

It got bugged again though (meaning it disappeared after the event was over). But they fixed it, just that it got bugged again (like several books that after a patch get bugged - who knows why).

So ZOS needs to fix that book again.

Do you mean the one on the pedestal? Because that’s the signed version. It’s the unsigned version that seems to be impossible for many players to get.

Edited: if they fixed it, they need to be putting it in the patch notes. They’re aware of it and investigating a fix, but if they fix it and don’t tell anyone, that doesn’t do much of anyone any good.
    Edited by virtus753 on March 12, 2021 6:23PM