Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Weapon and Armor Transmog?

dioc21
dioc21
I’m not sure what it’s called in this game, but in wow, armor you collected would be added to transmog to make your gear look like certain sets. I’m only level 20 but have been collecting gear in dungeons that I don’t need. Does that gear get added somewhere so I can change the looks of my current armor? For example, I wear a light chest piece, but like the looks of the heavy armor piece I just got but don’t want to use. If this is possible, do I have to equip the item for it to be added to some kind of wardrobe? Thanks.
  • Icy_Nelyan
    Icy_Nelyan
    ✭✭✭
    Outfit station Is what You are looking for.

The various Styles comes in the form of tomes, piece of papers and so on, they are rare objects you can find in various ways (drop, buying at specific vendors, during specific eventi, etc) and you can collect to be able to "morph" the appearence of tour character piece by piece.

This process basically changes your character appearence per slot of equipment and not the actual piece of equip, so changing a piece of your currently equipped item, doesn't change your appearence.
    Edited by Icy_Nelyan on March 9, 2021 3:15AM
  • dioc21
    dioc21
    Ok, so the actual weapon or armor drop I get can be sold or deconstructed safely as those aren’t how the styles are being collected?

Also, I went to the outfit station and armor and weapon styles are grayed out, so I assume I have not collected any yet. You said some are dropped, are those farmable or completely random? Thanks again.
  • SeekerAssassin
    dioc21 wrote: »
    Ok, so the actual weapon or armor drop I get can be sold or deconstructed safely as those aren’t how the styles are being collected?

Also, I went to the outfit station and armor and weapon styles are grayed out, so I assume I have not collected any yet. You said some are dropped, are those farmable or completely random? Thanks again.

you have to collect the motif pages/book to use the style at the outfit station

some pages can be found in dungeons, some in the open world, doing the daily quests in the DLC zones can drop the motif pages for that area and there are some that can be bought with AP.

Edited by SeekerAssassin on March 9, 2021 1:24PM
  • Icy_Nelyan
    Icy_Nelyan
    ✭✭✭

Yes what You find and become useless can be deconstructed, as a plus destroying those items can provide You the style material to be able to craft sets in that style (ofcourse You can craft items in that style only of You have that style unlocked, orherwise you'll have the style material required but unable to craft anything in that style).

As SeekerAssassin already said, style Pages/books can be acquired in many different ways, most of the time can be farmed but take in mind, most of the time, requires some efforts since they are rare drops. Orherwise during events there are different ways, in example this time because of Morrowind and Clockwork City celebration event, the drop rate Is increased and, Also, there's a vendor which sell other Styles for event tickets acquired by doin dailies in that DLC zones.

There are many different Styles and most of the time are divided in Pages (a Page for sword, a Page for chest armor, a page for bows, a Page for leggins, etc), so You have to look around what You want and where/how to acquire.

PS: ofcourse if You have enough Money people usually sell some of them in the trading guilds or in zone chat so You can Also buy most of the Styles (some Styles are Bind on pick up, so cannot be selled), ofcourse their prices dependa on the rarity.
    Edited by Icy_Nelyan on March 9, 2021 1:58PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They're not guaranteed drops, but it is possible to farm specific ones. In general they come from the same places you'll find equipment in that style - so dungeon motif pages come from the dungeon, DLC motifs come from daily quests and drops in that DLC map and so on. There's a full list of where to find different motifs here: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Crafting_Motifs

The easiest to get are probably the 9 base game racial styles (altmer, argonian, breton, bosmer, dunmer, khajiit, nord, orc and redguard). These have motif books which teach you that style for all equipment pieces (instead of needing to find pages for each item type) and they're very common and therefore cheap. If you ask your guilds someone might be able to give you them or sell them pretty cheaply, and they're commonly found for low prices at guild traders as well.

There is one for the Imperial race as well, but that's rarer and more expensive. The other base game motif styles (ancient elf, barbaric, primal and daedric) are also quite common and cheap at guild traders.

By the way if you want to do any crafting it's a good idea to have the character who will do that learn the motifs. They're unlocked for the outfit system across your whole account, so all your characters will be able to make outfits in that style if 1 character knows it, but only characters who have learned the motif themselves will be able to use it for crafting.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"