The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bard Songs Missing?

LickingHistSap
LickingHistSap
✭✭✭
In both Markarth and Greymoor, none of the bards sing any of the new songs. Devs and voice actors both talked about the songs being in the game upon release for Markarth, and we even got a list of song names, but they are nowhere to be found. I'm almost certain this is a bug, and am wondering if there is any intention to fix this with a patch at any point in the future?
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious too.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard new songs in Western Skyrim, but none in Markarth
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are also Youtube videos of bards playing new songs in Greymoor (but not Markarth). However, I stood by one of those bards for a long time and never heard anything but instrumentals.
  • albumoculus
    albumoculus
    ✭✭
    But.. but Red Diamond! Red Diamond!
    The heart and soul of Men.
    Red Diamond! Red Diamond!
    Protect us till the end
  • LickingHistSap
    LickingHistSap
    ✭✭✭
    Kallykat wrote: »
    There are also Youtube videos of bards playing new songs in Greymoor (but not Markarth). However, I stood by one of those bards for a long time and never heard anything but instrumentals.

It seems like the Bard songs have been broken in the two new zones since Markarth launched, which is a shame, and I don't know if the developers have even noticed yet. Nothing about it is listed in the patch notes.
  • Cambridge_Spy
    The bards in Western Skyrim and the Reach have now been fixed, they can sing again.