The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Champion system "2.0" (just want to pop off a little)

warg_derpin_gdf
I haven't had a chance to actually look at the new system, BUT, I'm at a spot where this change could go either way. I had future adjustments all planned out for respec-ing as needed for tackling the various groups bosses solo and maximizing stat boosts with armor sets, so I'm currently hoping for the best lol.

Don't get me wrong, it sounds like it's going to be a more streamlined system for new players and will be aiding balance for players focusing on PvP, but I thought the original champion system was most keen X) so . . . I've got my eye on you new Champion system. Second, though, again, before I've even looked at it, so far in my gaming experience, the only level tree that was actually pushing it's luck was the one in Borderlands, so I'm strooooongly hoping it won't look anything like that.

Feel free to weigh in all, 's'why I didn't just post to Twitter.
Karliah, when will you learn?!!
  • warg_derpin_gdf
    OP here (oh obv, haha)

Got a chance to check it all out and, once again, The Elder Scrolls has left me much breathless. At first it was off putting, but it seems to really really reflect the spirit of old-school TES. Not the leveling up, but the . . . you know, attitude of what's going to be tough and what to just forget about without a whole new character build lol! The og system made all the attributes look doable imo. The only thing that is tripping me up is changing the light/medium/heavy armor attributes (Ironclad et. al.), but that's a generally flimsy complaint on my part based on the more extensive battle class bonuses in the Warfare tree.

I can't talk more about it because I'm doing a Spellsword build so I could just nit pick all day, but later builds for all magic and 2H focuses are going to be awesome and fun. You all at The Elder Scrolls development do incredible, EXCEPTIONAL!!! work with these games, and this alteration is absolutely pro.
    Karliah, when will you learn?!!