The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

anyone else crashing on the CP menu?

emilyhyoyeon
emilyhyoyeon
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I have repeatedly crashed (''not responding'' crash) on the CP menu. It's not my internet
Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Addons?
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So far I've only set one character, but I have not crashed (yet).
  • Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep i got hardcrashed as well, PC EU, with enabled addons. but after the crash i could log in and my spent CPs were allocated, so i lost nothing
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Addons?

what do you mean? are they enabled? are they updated? which ones I have? should I turn them off?
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    Addons?

what do you mean? are they enabled? are they updated? which ones I have? should I turn them off?

Turn them off and enable them one by one to test what's crashing your game. Specially add-ons that have to do with champion points and character set up
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yamenstein wrote: »
    Addons?

Turn them off and enable them one by one to test what's crashing your game. Specially add-ons that have to do with champion points and character set up

I use skyshards, untaunted, lorebooks, port to friend house, and fancy action bar. So if it's one of those I'd be surprised. My friends who have more addons and have them activated right now are not having issues with crashing though, so idk
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't crash, but when I committed my 1642 CP and exited the screen my CPU fan went ballistic. There definitely seems to be a large and sudden hit on system load there somewhere.
    PC EU
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't crash, but when I committed my 1642 CP and exited the screen my CPU fan went ballistic. There definitely seems to be a large and sudden hit on system load there somewhere.

yeah as I've been messing with CP, the crashes only happen when I exit the menu. Only about 3 crashes so far but when I don't crash, it seems like my game is about to crash
  • NSatin
    NSatin
    ✭✭
    I crashed several times on Stadia. It happened in the War tree when going into the subtree with the penetration buff. I think it crashed whenever I tried to back out to the main War tree without confirming the allocated points.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the information, everyone. As someone else mentioned, please make sure you're disabling addons to see if that may be the culprit, and if not, repro steps are always appreciated!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • fortyfivekva_ESO
    fortyfivekva_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I was on the CP screen - haven't been playing much for last 2 months so it's taking me forever to figure out these new trees and after about 15 minutes game crashed while I was clicking on CPs.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mine went totally wonko. First it loaded without the old addons active. Once activated, got an error, cleared the error screen went to a clear focus on the character, and a blur all around the character. Lost the mouse.

and note... I did the addon update (which updated 5 addons) before I started the game. Despite this, only 2 addons were not showing out-of-date.

Had to task manager closed.

:#
    Edited by barney2525 on March 8, 2021 5:12PM
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was on the CP screen - haven't been playing much for last 2 months so it's taking me forever to figure out these new trees and after about 15 minutes game crashed while I was clicking on CPs.

I recommend watching videos before doing the new CPs. Hack the Minotaur has a very good one.

:#
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    Game freezes periodically for me and then crashes
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW I'm not having that issue on PC. Also FWIW out of date addons were automatically disabled after the patch.
  • robertthebard
    robertthebard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is my experience, no crashes, but cooling on overtime.
  • Maythor
    Maythor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting a weird hesitation as I shut down cp menu, like it's threatening to crash then doesn't .. no addons
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt crash but the game did freeze for between 10 and 30 seconds every time I had made changes and exited the screen.