The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

treasure maps.. what to do with them?

Nocturne Saint
Nocturne Saint
✭✭✭
So i have 23 blue treasure maps sitting in my bank allready used, and I don't know what to do with them. i got them for my preorder and just stuffed them in my bank cause i don't want to carry around 23 maps :3

so what should i do with them? it says trophy and bound? do i have to have them in my inventory in order to use them?

how do they work?
what should i do?

I'm clueless
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    They aren't used if you still have them. You 'use' them by going to the spot they indicate and digging up the treasure. The map goes away once you've obtained the treasure.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You need to have them in your inventory to use them. Look at the picture and try to figure out the location. You will find a brown dirt mound in the spot indicated if you have the map with you.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ that ... What they said ...
    Edited by SirAndy on April 24, 2014 4:33PM
  • elvigy01
    elvigy01
    ✭✭
    What Shimond said. They disappear from your inventory once you dig up the loot. So those ones you have are not used. And yes, you need to have them in your inventory when you get to the correct spot.
  • cura666eb17_ESO
    What is usually found in theese treasures?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is usually found in theese treasures?
    @cura666eb17_ESO
    Mostly green stuff with the occasional blue item. At lower levels, they can be useful.

I found two blue axes in a bleakrock map chest that lasted me for many levels ...
    :)
  • Sorpaijen_ESO
    Sorpaijen_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    IIRC, the CE version of the maps nearly always gave me two blue weapons (axes and daggers usually) and other stuff. The "regular" treasure maps were a bit more random, and tended to have at most one green item and a soul gem or lockpick or something random. As noted, you DO have to have them IN your inventory (not the bank) when you reach the location shown on the map.
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here you go buddy, this should help in finding the said maps.
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info202-TreasureMaps.html
    Edited by demendred on April 24, 2014 4:53PM
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You guys are lucky. I usually only get some gold and four pieces of green gear.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●