The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vampires can turn to gargoyles?

Ringing_Nirnroot
Ringing_Nirnroot
✭✭✭✭✭
Curious why a volkihar vampire transformed into a gargoyle? Figured they turn into vampire lords and not gargoyles
Referring to Majorn the Ancient from The better of two evils quest
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real answer is because at the time the vampire lord form didnt exist. Schick justified it by saying it is lore friendly because vampires are natural shapeshifters, but we know that they wanted an excuse for asset reuse.
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    The real answer is because at the time the vampire lord form didnt exist. Schick justified it by saying it is lore friendly because vampires are natural shapeshifters, but we know that they wanted an excuse for asset reuse.

I hope they fix it lol
  • Branzo
    Branzo
    ✭✭
    It sucked you could not kill both vampire parties why would my nord warrior allow any vampires to live?
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Branzo wrote: »
    It sucked you could not kill both vampire parties why would my nord warrior allow any vampires to live?

The main story quest required potent vampire blood. The Skald King dies if you are able to.
    Edited by Vevvev on March 14, 2021 12:35AM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • WhereArtThouVampires
    WhereArtThouVampires
    ✭✭✭✭
    Curious why a volkihar vampire transformed into a gargoyle? Figured they turn into vampire lords and not gargoyles
    Referring to Majorn the Ancient from The better of two evils quest

A big lore tip:

Vampire lord transformation isn't specific to just the volkihar clan. It's a major misconception that is actually false.
  • WhereArtThouVampires
    WhereArtThouVampires
    ✭✭✭✭
    Branzo wrote: »

Why would your nord warrior do the entire Rivenspire or Greymoor quest line where you're being helped by vampires the entire time?