The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Daily crafting writ indicators

depravity_influence
So how do we turn off these daily crafting writ indicators? <soap box time> I wouldn't mind them if we could turn them off. There really is no need for them if players would just learn how to craft. Crafting in this game is super easy. I understand that many players have alts and I do see how useful it is but give us the option to turn it off. I 'd rather have the ability to turn off when a friend logs on then to have crafting mat indicators tell me what I need to use to craft. Its pathetic and a slap to the face for players that actually learned how to craft.
  • depravity_influence
    well ill be the 1st to say i was wrong. after using this option ive grown to like it. i still feel that the option to turn it off should be available. but overall its not too bad. I apologize
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree. The first thing I do in the morning is crafting writs, so making it easier has been a great improvement if I haven’t been sufficiently caffeinated by that time.

I did somehow manage to still get an enchanting master writ wrong with frost instead of shock for some reason. The slowly flashing arrows on that crafting table interface don’t seem to be doing it for me. I guess I’ve become too lazy, lol!
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For console players it a nice QOL they added to the game. I like it myself. Super helpful when doing master writs especially alchemy.

Figured it was added d/t console players not having add-ons that help with this and automatically craft items for you just by going to a crafting station and opening its window.

The only change I would like is the ability to change the color of the arrow from white to something I can see even better. With so many styles now in the game and doing master writs it’s easy to zoom past the needed style and not see the correct arrow.

Stay Safe :)
  • WabanakiWarrior
    WabanakiWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same feelings :D when they first introduced it, I thought it was unnecessary hand-holding. But now that I'm used to it, its so convenient lol
    PS4 NA
    Grand Master Crafter, PVP, Housing nerd
  • MyChaelG
    MyChaelG
    This is amazing on Console and a great improvement. One thing I can't figure out and maybe it's a bug but Left Thumb Stick Icon in the upper right hand corner above the items needed to complete the writ when you are in the creation window does nothing. Is this supposed to create all three items automatically? Clicking the left thumb stick does nothing for me and seem like the functionality is broken or why show the left thumb stick?

Anyone know what this is for?

EDIT:
    Link to video with icon above blacksmith items. Image won't upload for some reason.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P2qcZjQGcE

Thanks,
    Edited by MyChaelG on March 2, 2021 7:53PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @MyChaelG I don’t think I’ve ever seen that icon next to the writ name, but I will have to check next time I’m doing them.

It looks like you are on XBox and I’m on PS4.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    MyChaelG wrote: »
    This is amazing on Console and a great improvement. One thing I can't figure out and maybe it's a bug but Left Thumb Stick Icon in the upper right hand corner above the items needed to complete the writ when you are in the creation window does nothing. Is this supposed to create all three items automatically? Clicking the left thumb stick does nothing for me and seem like the functionality is broken or why show the left thumb stick?

Anyone know what this is for?

EDIT:
    Link to video with icon above blacksmith items. Image won't upload for some reason.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P2qcZjQGcE

Thanks,

L3 cycles through your crafting quests. If it doesn't move to anything then you have only one to do.
    Edited by cynicalbutterfly on March 4, 2021 12:49AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It turns out that there is a L3 symbol to the left of the name of the writ when at the crafting station. I guess I didn’t pay much attention.

I clicked it but nothing happened.

EDIT: oops it was L3 not R3, corrected
    Edited by katanagirl1 on March 5, 2021 5:06AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• MyChaelG
    MyChaelG
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom is this a bug or can you tell us what the icon show in the image above is supposed to do?

Thanks
  • SeekerAssassin
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom is this a bug or can you tell us what the icon show in the image above is supposed to do?

Thanks

it cycles through the crafting quests that you have available. For example if you have a sealed crafting writ quest and the daily crafting writ quest you can push L3 to cycle between the two. While your on the correct crafting table for the two quests that is.
    Edited by SeekerAssassin on March 5, 2021 4:21PM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the changes..
    The indicators, actually made me become even more efficient when crafting writs on console.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • MyChaelG
    MyChaelG

Thanks

it cycles through the crafting quests that you have available. For example if you have a sealed crafting writ quest and the daily crafting writ quest you can push L3 to cycle between the two. While your on the correct crafting table for the two quests that is.

Gotcha thanks. Bummer I was hoping it would be like the macro I mean add-on pc has that crafts all three items for you.