Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vateshran Arena Final Boss Poor Game Design

nublife01
nublife01
✭✭✭✭
As a melee character, the shade colossuses body blocking the void tether shades when you try to attack them. If this isnt intended it needs to be fixed because it's just a very very stupid mechanic. This arena is hard enough for melee. Please bump if you agree.
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They also get in the way when ranged not only melee. Its easier with mag builds coz they got more cleave and destro ult/ meteor. But if got low dps or not enough aoe then just kill the colossus as the spawn. If you keep parsing the boss then soon you'll have 3 colossus up and ofc its difficult to hit the void dudes.
    They reduced the colossus hp significantly (like 2-300k) for next patch. On pts I only applied couple of dots on them and continued hitting the boss. Colossus died in aoe.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nublife01 wrote: »
    As a melee character, the shade colossuses body blocking the void tether shades when you try to attack them. If this isnt intended it needs to be fixed because it's just a very very stupid mechanic. This arena is hard enough for melee. Please bump if you agree.

Agree that it can be annoying, but my impromptu solution works fairly well: Go light attack one random tether dude, then just dodge-roll backwards through the Colossi and whatnot that followed/surrounded you, and go to the opposite side to kill one of those tethers instead. Then most the ***-blockers will be behind you... more or less.

It's not a true fix, but I hope it helps you. This issue twisted my taint, too.

• nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol this was definitely an anger post but i got the 2h maul first try to idc anymore. but literally 70% my wipes were from 1-2 of those colossus on top to the tether add lmao definitely was a computer thrower.
  • Tiphis
    Tiphis
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you tab target them you shouldn't have an issue. You'll hit straight through enemies you don't want to hit.